Just won this clockwork - now what year is it???

What a steal!

Never seen one in that colour before...I remember an MBUK from '89 and the clockwork on the front of that was the traditional Orange colour

I reckon its a 91, reckon you could get your money back just for that Stalk stem

Had one myself in the traditional Orange colour, bloody awful ride, front end was like a wriggly snake :cry:

My '90 had the decals that way round and a white stalk. ;)

Think the stalk turned black around the same time as decals switched?

Yellow was a standard colour around '89/'90 along with the pink sported on the skip find prestige (showing on a thread near here). :D

TheGreenRabbit":1khj29km said:
In answer to your question its 2009, well it is in the UK !!

thanks mate!! was getting worried - looking at all the fluoro and bula on this site made me think it was 1992 all over again!

:D

clockworkgazz":2nfkkw21 said:
ok then tell me about your bargain marin then....... :LOL: and do you have a link to some piccies?

some bloke was going to throw it away and i gave him a dollar for it!! it was caked in grease which seem to protect the original dx groupset!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 691
What year Clockwork?

Hi I'm new to this forum

It's a 1990-I bought one new then! Just bought it back from the guy that I sold it to in 1994!!!

nporternz":3tgluxxc said:
clockworkgazz":3tgluxxc said:
looks good to me, make sure you get those bar ends up abit higher :LOL:

yeah definitely!! ned to make sure the brakelevers are a bit flatter and get a matching rack for the front!!

You also need to raise the stem a bit as well! ;) :LOL:

Back