Junk bike challenge 2023

There is a similar event in California. It’s been going on annually for a few years. You by a kids coaster brake bike from a thrift store with max 20 inch wheels. No modifications allowed except adding a front brake. They are uncomfortable and fit no adult. They have a paved road downhill race that’s long. Best time down wins. The videos are pretty crazy. I think $10 is the limit.

I have one that would qualify, This idea will be fun. I live in the new world so I can’t make it, boho. This bike is a gender bender, it started out as a woman’s bike front triangle, rear triangle is from another bike because it has rear facing drops. Everything was from free junk bikes people gave me. I modified a rear coaster brake and jury rigged it onto the front wheel. It didn’t work, not enough hand strength to get much effect. Used spokes and nipples, chainring is the inner from a triple from a cheap bicycle. Grips are red heater hose with shotgun shells for plugs. The chain is half gold and half black. F3469AA6-BE1B-40FE-8A2F-47E8954D15AB.jpeg

Back