Jubilee clip on split seat tube (at clamp)

jaypee

Senior Retro Guru
Has anyone tried this? I've just seen someone suggest it online. I have a frame with this problem

jaypee":3ygxkq80 said:
Has anyone tried this? I've just seen someone suggest it online. I have a frame with this problem

Never tried myself but i would think you would be better off sleeving with a shim then clip that top and bottom to spread the load a bit .
Paul

Re:

could use an extra collar/clamp over the top of the seat tube like like this...

Attachments

• seat clampage.jpg
    seat clampage.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 744
Re:

Thanks guys! Here you go. The crack wasn't quite where I remembered it and actually a jubilee clip couldn't really go anywhere the clamp could go so probably wouldn't work in my case after all.

shinobi":26ywr1ro said:
jaypee":26ywr1ro said:

Never tried myself but i would think you would be better off sleeving with a shim then clip that top and bottom to spread the load a bit .
Paul

Good idea, cheers Paul :D

If you drill that as Rob said, but right at the end of the crack with a 2mm drill bit, use a long and properly sized seatpost and a decent seatclamp (I'd suggest a Salsa Liplock) then chance are you will not have any further issues. Just check it after every ride.
A jubilee clip will do nothing to stop that crack propagating.

Re:

Good advice, thanks guys. It's fairly down the list this one but one day I'll get round to it (the post was prompted by seeing that suggestion online)

Latest posts

Back