JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

Re: Re:

Spibblo":73n8p4vc said:
It's factory colour, looks like a '97
The frame number is strange though..maybe the Orange experts on here will know more about that

Looks normal to me, F708A042 ish
Lickely a 1998 frame buy that date.

If I had a bike it that good a condition, I'd be leaving the original paint on. Pretty much all of mine including the one I consider almost un battered are in worse condition than that even.
I recon that thing others do, polish/t-cut would sort any thing you can see that we cannot. (i can see a small amount of un-noticable touch up on BB.

EDIT though take this to the other thread on it
viewtopic.php?t=413496

FluffyChicken":5kvn3yj5 said:
Spibblo":5kvn3yj5 said:
The frame number is strange though..maybe the Orange experts on here will know more about that

If I had a bike it that good a condition, I'd be leaving the original paint on. Pretty much all of mine including the one I consider almost un battered are in worse condition than that even.
I recon that thing others do, polish/t-cut would sort any thing you can see that we cannot. (i can see a small amount of un-noticable touch up on BB.

viewtopic.php?t=413496

Lol yeah I was looking at the four numbers down the middle, silly person. Agree also '98 as per head tube badge and what looks like 1&1/8 head tube. Agreed on the paint too it looks nice, new decals needed at best. I must look more closely before responding in future. Sorry for any confusion

Spibblo":1s4277zv said:
FluffyChicken":1s4277zv said:
Spibblo":1s4277zv said:

viewtopic.php?t=413496

Lol yeah I was looking at the four numbers down the middle, silly person. Agree also '98 as per head tube badge and what looks like 1&1/8 head tube. Agreed on the paint too it looks nice, new decals needed at best. I must look more closely before responding in future. Sorry for any confusion

Don't worry, just don't follow the link where I was checking the P7 spec for the tubing number (I knew it could be used as a clue) :oops:

Re: Respray

Hi all,
Not been on the site for quite a while but I've recently had my Cannondale Scalpel pinched from the shed so I'm looking to rebuild my clockwork again and want to get the frame and forks resprayed. It's the 1989/90 bike as listed below and I want to get as close as I can to the original paint in the classic orange and white fade. Decals will be from Gil, obviously! Who should I consider as my best option for an accurate respray and any idea on costs?
Cheers!

If you chaps can decipher the numbers I'd like to add mine. C16r
A50100105
1"
19" Basic grey with original STX spec.
Canti holder and front mech pulley mount.

Must get around to picking up the rest of that groupset, maybe stx-rc rear. Though it originally had a black LX

Attachments

• DSCF2900 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF2900 (Custom).JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 480
1996 C16R 17" (originally bought from Sunset Cycles in Cardiff for £295 as end of line clearance). Racing green with the STX-RC v-brake groupset in it's former state. The frame had been languishing in the garden shed for 21 years. So after a clear out three years ago I started pondering what to do with it. I've already got two road bikes and a hard tail MTB...Do I realy need another pony?...

Well another year went by and I startred looking at gravel bikes. I came across a bike forum with a long running topic (7 years long) about vintage / retro hard tail drop bar conversions. I was hooked on this idea. So over the last 18 months I've bought, begged, not so much stole and borrowed (been given) all the requisite parts to complete my drop bar conversion.

Yes I know it can be classified as a 'Frankenbike'...but frankly is nice to irk the purists... :D As it turns out the geometry of the 17" frame lends itself very well to this transformation. Put in nearly 400 miles on her over the last four weeks. It works for me...If I hadn't converted her, this sweet little runner would have rusted away, never to have seen the light of day again :)

Total spend £450. Money saved so far using it for commuting £96.

Attachments

• July 2020 d.jpg
    July 2020 d.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 459
  • July 2020 c.jpg
    July 2020 c.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 458
  • July 2020 b.jpg
    July 2020 b.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 458
  • July 2020 a.jpg
    July 2020 a.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 459
dyna-ti":ye8poe55 said:
That looks very smart indeed.

Im not even put off but the drops :shock:

Cheers :LOL: Recently fitted Continental Contact Speed 32c x 559s and the 11-34 cassette for a bit more top end road speed for those non-mixed surface days out. Overall very pleased with the build. May well leave the road bike in doors for the rest of this wet summer and run the C16 instead :)

Attachments

• Aug 2020 a.jpg
    Aug 2020 a.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 347
  • Aug 2020 b.jpg
    Aug 2020 b.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 347
  • Aug 2020 c.jpg
    Aug 2020 c.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 347
  • Warm out.jpg
    Warm out.jpg