JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

Hi all - heres Mine - brought from the for sale forum here a few days ago. I'm just loving having a clockwork back in my life, and very greatful to chb on this forum for letting it go!

I had a '92 blue clockwork 17" frame with massive seatpost 1994-2004, I sold the frame and upgraded to a 19" 2002 P7 frame. I've long had the bug for the old bike back as a 2nd!

clockwork1_zps772d1e2b.jpg

clockwork2_zpse6d0a83f.jpg

Having a clockwork back is just AWSOME. brought it all back. Slippy rim brakes in the rain, super sharp steering, the heels of my size 11's brushing on the cantilevers with every crank. Massive smile when I rode a few miles on it earlier.

Retro and Not-quite-Retro oranges side-by-side (sorry for modern bling content!)
clockwork3_zps01eeae76.jpg

Re:

Had the same pair a few years back, the Clockwork was a much better ride than the P7 and far faster with sharper handling, love the colour of the Clockwork, has a C16r in the same colour once, which do you prefer then? :cool:

Re: Re:

Wold Ranger":pvn5rhg9 said:
Had the same pair a few years back, the Clockwork was a much better ride than the P7 and far faster with sharper handling, love the colour of the Clockwork, has a C16r in the same colour once, which do you prefer then? :cool:

Thats a tough one :) The clockwork feels lighter and sharper, looks cooler. The P7 has to be less tiring on the arms over the lumpy stuff in north derbyshire from what I remember.

Also the clockwork will need to get the "careful" treatment as it has relatively few chips and I'm thinking it might well be the original paint (I wondered if I might get it resprayed, but that seems almost sacrilegious after cleaning it up) so I might have to just do road and light tracks on it and not plough it through the muddy and rocky stuff, P7 for that every time.. :LOL:

So stripping this bike to clean it I start to spot the orange chinks under the thin dusting of purple coat. Looks like a quick rattle can respray was dusted over certain parts, so I keep digging.

Serial number 92 frame and forks, looking almost certainly like it was orange/purple fade to begin with.
p1040810_zps36ea922f.jpg

p1040810_zps36ea922f.jpg

This is actually good news :) I actually like the orange and purple fade. I know, Orange/White is the real classic but I've always been a little perverse. So off for powder coating it is.. anyone happen to have any RAL codes for these handy? :)

Biopace middle ring has lost nearly as many teeth as I have since 1992

p1040818_zps78f49b15.jpg

Big pile of bits... working though 'em cleaning and lubing.

dce0dd36-7cd2-4b60-897f-5c75b0a9d062_zps63fc2230.jpg

Re:

My purple purple orange is back.... And I do like!

clockwork3_zps0fd36715.jpg

Big shout out to Gill for the decals, thanks so much mate, spot on. The paint job (enameling) was done by Vernon Barker cycles have used them before and they have done a TOP job once again.

clockwork2_zps66b18308.jpg

Now to rebuild...

groovyblueshed":207s3hea said:
The History Man":207s3hea said:

Fabulous job done! Absolutely lovin' this citrus sparkling Clockwork. Fantastic paint job and scheme with graphics and cables. :cool:

Thank you. It was a risk but I think it works.

Most welcome.

Well worth a risk and it works a treat. Looks a nice clean scheme with the orange detailing. Bet that sparkling yellow looks fabulous in full sun. Think the choice of unsual colour gives it an old school vintage appearance. Who did the paint and what paint?

Latest posts

Back