JMC Salsa Replica

jez-4-bikes-max":y0r0jyyg said:
Ok this is what I have for the build:

Salsa 18" frame in jellybean rasta
Tioga Disk Drive rear
Cook bros cranks in black with silver rings (assume Shimano)
Red cables
Flite
XTR m900 rear mech

Now due to the only limited pics I have Im not entirely sure of the bar, stem and seatpost he used.

I think he used M900 shifters and levers but not entirely sure...

Also not sure of tyres but suspect Smoke and Dart combo.

Now all you need for a full build is a tribal tattoo and a skip load of talent! ;)

I'm sure that he used Eggrings chainrings which were all drilled out and looked very cool.

AME grips?

MBUK must have done a spec-sheet on his bike?

jez-4-bikes-max":1ocay1sd said:
Im not entirely sure of the bar he used.
try a Renthal mx/trials bar - I remember reading an article by someone (Brant Richards or maybe Steve Worland?) about seeing McRoy using them before anyone else: quote from mbuk "bars... lifted straight from the Renthal parts bin"
mag was probably from '94

I know I have loads of MBUK issues from that era, but in my parents loft, so others may get hold of their copies first.

Regarding the grafton's if you don't want to use your green ones isn't someone selling a set in silver with levers for £35 at the mo?

At least Stevet1 is just about to send a load of stuff for black anodising any day now, so if you jump on the wagon I reckon you'd get the green ones done for a good price!

Suddenly, as if by magic...

Posted on Singletrack by Brant:

Video footage of JMC Vs Rockwell at Kamikaze.
Plus interview and close-ups of those red Renthal bars (looking very "Klunker" stylee).

Filmed in 1994.
And still awesome :shock:

[edit: Sorry - can't embed the video file]

Click here: http://quickrelease.tv/?p=394

Also features The Damned. :cool:

jez-4-bikes-max":24roe54r said:
I think getting green stuff anodised black is a little bit of a crime innit?

yes... :shock:

Feel free to turn any bit of 3DV black though.

Back