JeRkY's New Project (Roberts Dogs wotsits)

tintin40":32lttnl8 said:
JeRkY":32lttnl8 said:
Seek and ye shall find!

Sorry, its one I had on file...not the best close up. It is a Royce ti :)

I am really loving the paint job now! Just looking at ways to carefully remove the name & "personal trainer" decals.

So you don't want people to think your fit? You may get hired? :LOL: Wants wrong with being a personal trainer?

IMO should leave the frame that colour. Rare. Never seen a DB like that. And it is its original colour. Just a shame the stem is so long

I'm more worried about people thinking I stoile it when they look at me and see I am clearly not a personal trainer :p

woohoo, almost perfect timing, the bargain (£13 iirc) kooka cranks that I bagged off ebay earlier in the week have just dropped onto my desk with the post.

Odly enough...also faded red anno \o/

Just need an interesting front canti, a 1" canti hanger chain rings and derailleurs now!

Really like that paint job (and the bike underneath it ;) ).. perhaps possible to find someone to 'de-lacquer' the name/job, remove them and re-lacquer??. . .

IDB1":3n85ahjz said:
Really like that paint job (and the bike underneath it ;) ).. perhaps possible to find someone to 'de-lacquer' the name/job, remove them and re-lacquer??. . .

Yup, thats what I am planning to do, using progressively finer grade abrasive papers, take the lacquer back over the decals, peel the stickers, polish back a little further then re-coat in lacquer.

The theory is good, I am not in any hurry to test it at the moment though.

JeRkY":38jwjyiq said:
woohoo, almost perfect timing, the bargain (£13 iirc) kooka cranks that I bagged off ebay earlier in the week have just dropped onto my desk with the post.

Odly enough...also faded red anno \o/

Just need an interesting front canti, a 1" canti hanger chain rings and derailleurs now!

Funnily enough, I have a set of Critical Racing cantis in faded red which still haven't made it onto my DB...

Oh I know its got to be Middleburns...I am just hiding from the expense of buying some... I dont have any spare at the mo :(

Hmm a set of Critical racing canti's you say....let me know how much if you wish to part with them. (although I have a sniper locked and loaded on some avid tri align fakes in silver and red...which may look better on the chromed forks with which I am now in love :p)

If you do wish to sell them and at a price I can afford, let me know, and I'll stand the sniper down.

Needs to be, for me at least, the top tube is a little on the short side compared to my usual.

Back