James Foley

superstar1":1dckh8or said:
highlandsflyer":1dckh8or said:
superstar1":1dckh8or said:
Multiculturalism is a fail and evidence of this is mounting daily with all political parties in denial.

Really?

What exactly has this got to do with having a diverse nation? Can you point me to a time when the likes of the UK and US were anything but?

Also, I think you will find the BNP and their sort there to represent your view.

Sorry they are not terribly popular, but then neither is your view.
imagesH3E9RBJP_zpsdeda8f18.jpg
[/url]

You haven't made any argument, you dolt.

Far from playing the race card; I am merely disagreeing with your disagreeable, unsupported view.

technodup":3pvty3xx said:
highlandsflyer":3pvty3xx said:
Also, I think you will find the BNP and their sort there to represent your view.

Sorry they are not terribly popular, but then neither is your view.
Pretty poor tbh. Standard.

The BNP are an irrelevance, but UKIP are not. And a lot of people share their views. Multiculturalism, immigration and the EU are to large extent interchangeable (to many), and 4.5m people voted for them in the most recent elections.

Despite what you might think I don't have an issue with diversity. I do though have an issue with the division of our cities along racial or religious lines. That's not inclusion, or community or harmony. That's setting things up for a fall, and a pretty spectacular one at that. And that will be a failure of so called multiculturalism.

There is no real diversity in Pollokshields, out of 50 or so businesses probably 45 are Asian, mostly Pakistani. Two minutes away in Govanhill the Roma don't noticeably have businesses yet but there is a huge number being dumped in poor housing. Glasgow has the highest rate of immigration outside London, and where do they go/get put? In the shittiest areas nobody else wants to live in. Creating these pockets of monoculture fosters division, not integration. Allowing cities to be divided up into ethnic groups is idiocy, nothing else.

Some of what you are pointing to certainly has merit, but I don't really need to account for people confusing ghettoization, self imposed or otherwise, when I reflect my own positive experiences of multiculturalism.

Effectively we are all mixed; culturally, racially and whatever else you care to think of.

There is absolutely no basis for generalisation about people more than that.

For every enclave of a particular 'culture', there is a majority outwith it consisting of totally assimilated mixed cultures.

It just takes a moment of thought to see it.

The murderer in question in this thread was supposedly living in Maida Vale.

Hardly a ghetto, and very much a multicultural community.

Not since the West Indians bought the place up thanks to being well organised, solvent as a community and unwelcome elsewhere, has there been one dominant origin amongst the inhabitants.

Perhaps, had he been raised in a Muslim 'ghetto' he would have been much better aware of the real Islam, the moderate peaceful faith that would have encouraged him away from radicalism.

Radicalism and extremism, by its very nature, needs an ideological vacuum in which to thrive.

And now to add to the 4m votes UKIP are odds on to have an MP in the not too distant, and ossibly more in the pipeline. Making them more electable again. I see interesting times ahead. UKIP on the rise, Tories lurching to the right, no credible left. Happy days indeed.

I remember the BNP getting all in a tizz over winning a few votes a few years back. Look at them now.

No credible Left?

I would agree with anyone suggesting Millibland is a millstone around Labour's neck, but there are still plenty credible figures around the party. Andy Burnham for example.

Of course we also have an extremely credible Left here in the SNP.

superstar1":36f8lp97 said:
highlandsflyer":36f8lp97 said:
02gf74":36f8lp97 said:
as a deterrent.

Truly?

Your idea is to treat innocents exactly the same way this murdering butcher has done, as pawns.

How on earth do you think that will counter radicalism?

How do you know they are innocents? The Muslim community has been strangely silent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-29048536

Is this family strangely silent?

No, but we should throw them out of the UK as a 'deterrent'? No logic whatsoever in that idea.

highlandsflyer":134kqdpn said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-29048536

Is this family strangely silent?

No, but we should throw them out of the UK as a 'deterrent'? No logic whatsoever in that idea.
Threatening to throw entire families out of the country probably wouldn't deter the radical elements. They consider their own non-radical family to be bad muslims anyway.
At best the threat of throwing them out would only mean that they don't go to FarAwayIstan anymore but instead bring their war to our doorsteps.

"If you detest our society and system up to a point where you are prepared to take up arms to fight against it, you're not welcome anymore."
Not my words, but it's what our mayor said when he removed all the local youths who went off to fight from our civil registry and had all their benefits revoked.

Latest posts

Back