James Foley

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":2wzds2oh said:
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Edmund Burke

Isn't that what's already happened in the U.K......nobody speaking their mind for fear of prosecution? Tyranny will follow it's just a question of time I would imagine IMO.

highlandsflyer":f2r36wfp said:
02gf74":f2r36wfp said:
Chopper1192":f2r36wfp said:
but not for persecuting his family. .

as a deterrent.

Truly?

Your idea is to treat innocents exactly the same way this murdering butcher has done, as pawns.

How on earth do you think that will counter radicalism?

How do you know they are innocents? The Muslim community has been strangely silent.

Re: Re:

fattiman":1v9r4ndt said:
kermitgreenkona88":1v9r4ndt said:
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Edmund Burke

Isn't that what's already happened in the U.K......nobody speaking their mind for fear of prosecution? Tyranny will follow it's just a question of time I would imagine IMO.

You've just got it in one there mate.

superstar1":283dqk4t said:
How do you know they are innocents? The Muslim community has been strangely silent.

The question was of adopting a policy of persecution as a deterrent. This individual case is not pertinent.

Don't let the facts get in the way though.

Re:

''I believe in this person and his teachings but I would rather follow my own version and kill all who don't follow me, even those who believe in the person I pertain to follow in the first place''

All religion sucks but rather than kill you, I'll just go on the internet and moan about it.

superstar1":200ff7nd said:
Multiculturalism is a fail and evidence of this is mounting daily with all political parties in denial.

Really?

What exactly has this got to do with having a diverse nation? Can you point me to a time when the likes of the UK and US were anything but?

Also, I think you will find the BNP and their sort there to represent your view.

Sorry they are not terribly popular, but then neither is your view.

highlandsflyer":393g7frt said:
superstar1":393g7frt said:
Multiculturalism is a fail and evidence of this is mounting daily with all political parties in denial.

Really?

What exactly has this got to do with having a diverse nation? Can you point me to a time when the likes of the UK and US were anything but?

Also, I think you will find the BNP and their sort there to represent your view.

imagesH3E9RBJP_zpsdeda8f18.jpg
[/url]

highlandsflyer":1gli6jfb said:

Pretty poor tbh. Standard.

The BNP are an irrelevance, but UKIP are not. And a lot of people share their views. Multiculturalism, immigration and the EU are to large extent interchangeable (to many), and 4.5m people voted for them in the most recent elections.

Despite what you might think I don't have an issue with diversity. I do though have an issue with the division of our cities along racial or religious lines. That's not inclusion, or community or harmony. That's setting things up for a fall, and a pretty spectacular one at that. And that will be a failure of so called multiculturalism.

There is no real diversity in Pollokshields, out of 50 or so businesses probably 45 are Asian, mostly Pakistani. Two minutes away in Govanhill the Roma don't noticeably have businesses yet but there is a huge number being dumped in poor housing. Glasgow has the highest rate of immigration outside London, and where do they go/get put? In the shittiest areas nobody else wants to live in. Creating these pockets of monoculture fosters division, not integration. Allowing cities to be divided up into ethnic groups is idiocy, nothing else.

Latest posts

Back