ivmtb.com Int. Vintage Mountain Bikes site

GoldenEraMTB":e8p1uzc4 said:
Perhaps people are just expressing their distaste over some of the conflict of interest that take place when you are modding a public forum that requires objectivity, and a lack of favoritism, yet at the same time you are showing preferrential treatment to some members both in the public and private forums...private forums not being a problem, of course.

That just sounds more anti-Rumpfy than anything else. Since when does modding a forum mean the mod has to be fair? :?

I still don't see the problem, or some conflict of interest.

BoyBurning":2wfgbwfu said:
legrandefromage":2wfgbwfu said:
I'm the sole member of the Midnight Growlers.

No you're not.

I invited you into the group originally, so that makes at least two members.

I might kick you out though if you start getting ideas above your station.

And it's supposed to be secret, so what are you doing blabbing about it on a public forum?

Consider this your first warning.

It was MY idea bitch - I'm off, and you're not invited....

legrandefromage":2iqzdnje said:
BoyBurning":2iqzdnje said:
legrandefromage":2iqzdnje said:

No you're not.

I invited you into the group originally, so that makes at least two members.

I might kick you out though if you start getting ideas above your station.

And it's supposed to be secret, so what are you doing blabbing about it on a public forum?

Consider this your first warning.

It was MY idea bitch - I'm off, and you're not invited....

Fine. Didn't want you in anyway. It was only because you promised me things I can't mention here.

And I want my shaver back.

Big Cheese, MY ARSE!

legrandefromage":3r3xjr7e said:
I can't aspire to midnight growling just yet, but can I be a small cheese (don't want to aspire to be a petit fromage :shock: ) - just for a while until I manage to penetrate the inner citadel?

Alternatively i could just ride old fashioned bikes and haave a larf :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

rumpfy":9rdyu6z9 said:
utahdog2003":9rdyu6z9 said:
GoldenEraMTB":9rdyu6z9 said:
:shock:

then again, not all that shocking. This thread reminds me of High School...I hated High School.

:p

**Warning!**...Drama-Fishing Comment Detected. :LOL:

Guys, all of you should be aware that most message boards probably have some type of restricted membership area, the "Lounge" if you will, where those folks that see themselves as the cats tits of the group go to cuddle. I've been active on boards in the past where members who realized that such a restricted area existed and didn't open up the doors for them got all butt-hurt about it. I'm not blasting Rumpfy or anybody else on any boards where that may be the case, and Defiant isn't whining about it so much as asking where his blog traffic is coming from, based on the wacky web-trail it's left behind. Private Boards exist...it isn't just MTBR-VRC, it isn't a new concept, and it isn't going to go away just because you may have finally stumbled across it.

It's like this...special interest group starts a board, invites friends of like interests to join, board gains public exposure, thousands join and the original function of the board gets muddied...initial group says, "remember the good old days when all we talked about was blah blah blah", and the idea for a restricted area is born... It is a sad progression sure...but not out of the ordinary.

In the end, just remember that it's not like your wife and kids built a room on the back of the house, sit out there and won't let you in. It's just a message board or private blog or whatever. Even if all the recent conspiracy theories are true, and Rumpfy and Bushpig and whoever are actually sitting out on a private board rubbing each other with JPGs of Ritchey, Salsa and Potts frames, so what? The conspiracy theories about price fixing are nutty, mostly contrived by those that can't get in "the lounge" somewhere and feel the need to categorize the whole idea as evil. Let it go and move on. ;)

I think thats one of the best, most level headed posts I've read on the subject yet. I'd make this post my forum sig if I could.

sorry -- that's just TITS

Bye

Maybe they are scraping your content to put it through a markov chain so they can publish your content as their own?

Easy solution to that problem, you scrape the world and publish other content on your blog lol :D

utahdog2003":34py7hea said:
GoldenEraMTB":34py7hea said:
Perhaps people are just expressing their distaste over some of the conflict of interest that take place when you are modding a public forum that requires objectivity, and a lack of favoritism, yet at the same time you are showing preferrential treatment to some members both in the public and private forums...private forums not being a problem, of course.

That just sounds more anti-Rumpfy than anything else. Since when does modding a forum mean the mod has to be fair? :?

I still don't see the problem, or some conflict of interest.

no anti-rumpfy here. Yes, mods should be fair...and I'm not one to keep arguing a point. I would rather agree to disagree. If you don't see it, then you don't see it- it was a comment on some of the tome of this thread and posts therein, but anyway...

btw, saw this pic the other day, and thought it was funny since wiki is wrong so often...which means this thread sucks or it doesn't:

Wiki-insult.gif

pete_mcc":2v89icu1 said:
Dr S":2v89icu1 said:
So, the shadowy but recently outed VRC price fixing cartel has relocated to a Hungarian mountain top lair. Very Bond villain-esqe

I found this recently, I think it explains a whole load of things (just check out the royal blood lines......)

Thanks for the post Pete! :D :D :D
Still laughing at it but wondering if....I shouldn't be crying.

Latest posts

Back