Gary Fisher Tassajara (1995 vintage mountain bike)

mreadman

Retro Newbie
Hi - new to the forum, so apologies for trying to flog something in my first post:

Gary Fisher Tassajara (1995)
16.75" (medium)
'Steel blue'

Perhaps you owned one of these in the 90s and want to revisit the youthful pleasures of a rigid steel mountain bike. I’ve owned this one from new and still have the original manual and receipt (which will be handy evidence of provenance if it should ever appear on Antiques Roadshow).

It has always been kept in a shed, and not ridden very much in the past few years - for a long time it was shod with slicks, mudguards and a rack and ridden on roads. It’s still sporting many of the original components, although the chain, bottom bracket and headset have, of course, been renewed many times over the past couple of decades, and the wheels have been replaced with superior ones (Mavic 220 on a Coda hub up front, and a bombproof Sun Rhyno on Deore Parallax hub at the back). The tyres are barely worn IRC Piranha Pro 2.0 with foldable kevlar bead.

The saddle is a period-appropriate San Marco Rolls and it also comes with a pair of Time ATAC pedals.

Everything runs smoothly - you could take it out onto the trails immediately - and despite a bit of play in the front mech the shifting is efficient.

The receipt says this cost £399 in July 1995, and I’m hoping to get £129 for it (I think 21 years old counts as ‘vintage’ don’t you?), but happy to consider offers. Although it's got sentimental value for me, I never ride it and I need the space in the shed!

Photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mick3lgl01t7 ... y92ba?dl=0

Collection from TA11, or I could deliver within a 10 or so mile radius. I could also deliver to places on my commute from TA11 to Bournemouth (e.g. Wincanton, Shaftesbury, Blandford, Wimborne).

(in the spirit of full disclosure, this is also advertised on the Bike Radar and Cycling UK forums)

Re:Now reduced!

Now £109 - the shed ain't getting any bigger...

Attachments

• Tassajara right side.jpg
    Tassajara right side.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 1,371
Back