It's all a bit Extreme!!

Does the frame sport a tubing decal? It's hard to tell from the pics whether it's a Hi-Ten cookie cutter model or something more up-market.

Hi Everyone

To answer a few questions:-

1, No I don't know anything about the Djerba, had never even heard of them until Bart offered this one for Karma (Big thumbs up for that :D ). Have tried searching the net but keep on running into dead ends. From what I can see of the one Bart has in the ad it looks pretty average/mid range maybe BITD.

2, I have to say there is one thing that has made me smile above all else about this bike and that is the tubing sticker, have never seen one like it before and it is great. It reads CRMO completely handbuilt :D. How :cool: is that :cool:

3, This is no lightweight but from the little I have ridden it it handles very sweetly, so just like myself it is built for comfort not for speed :LOL:

Attachments

• Djerba 5.jpg
    Djerba 5.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,265
Hi Marc,

I have an old dutch catalogue from Djerba from 1991. I think it is the first year that Djerba was on sale over here. According to the catalogue (without the e-stay Extreme) Djerba is a brand of FTC Heemstede. Cannot find anything about this company though :cry: .
The top bike of 1991 was the Djerba Conquest with Deore LX group, Araya rims, Avocet saddle, Onza barends and tyres!! It was a nice looking bike!
I will try to scan the catalogue soon.

Cheers,
Bart

Hi Bart

Thanks for the info.Sounds like some cool bikes me and this is a really nice frame with some nice detailing like the Kona-esque noodle on the seat tube :cool:

Catalogue scan would be cool mate

Cheers

Mark :D

So I finally got round to cabling this up this morning and took a couple of pics :D

Frame: Djerba custom Crmo hand built
Fork: Djerba Crmo
Headset: Original black steel unbranded
Stem: Flexstem (soft elastomer)
Bars: Silver alloy NTH branded off a 2K Bianchi
Grips: 99p shop specials :LOL:
Brake levers: Vanguard 2 finger
Shifters: Suntour Xc pro thumbies
Rear mech: Suntour Xc sport 7000
Front mech: Suntour Xc
Cranks: Sugino Xd
Rings: Sugino with gold middleburn bolts
Pedals: Atom 600
Cassette and chain: Sram
Cantilevers: Dia compe with cartridge pads
Seatpost: SR polished
Saddle: Regal Gimondi perf Kangaroo leather
Wheels: Rigida black rims, Exage hubs, rustless, with black 1.75 tyres and Control tech skewers.

Attachments

• Djerba 4.1.jpg
    Djerba 4.1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 2,426
  • Djerba 1.1.jpg
    Djerba 1.1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 2,425
  • Djerba 3.jpg
    Djerba 3.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 2,422
  • Djerba 2.3.jpg
    Djerba 2.3.jpg