It's a bike, I know that much.....

With the front mech braze-on, its 'aero' tubed.

Found it in the '87 catalog

http://www.veterancycleclublibrary.org. ... 2&items=96

ral84_06.jpg

mattr":1ioud1t9 said:
The aerospace contour sticker is from another raleigh, it had an aero down and seat tube, instead of round.
This frame appears to have round tubes.

Wot? That aerospace contour sticker - black and gold with red writing - was only ever put on record sprints. All Aerospace Contour bikes have tubes that are round at the ends and oval in the middle.

The real mystery is who vandalized it by putting not-gold parts on it.

Vanished toe clips, torn saddle, not the best handlebar tape I've ever seen. But the stickers are in good nick.

As self declared model expert I rate your RRS 9.8 out of 10.

Midlife":29xl2hpo said:
Blimey, a Grifter owner, I remember when they were released :). I also remember the release if the Record Sprint. Black frame with gold graphics and components.

Remember the JPS Lotus F1 :). The Record Sprint matured over the years with design changes but still retained the black frame with some gold bits :)

It was one of the bikes that Raleigh could always supply in the larger sizes without much of a delay, never knew why.

Shaun

It was red. Big thick center tube. Grip shift gears that showed what gear you were in by a colour. It had three gears I think. It was heavy as well! I believe it's still in the family, somewhere.

@ rider: My mistake, the badge on your saddle looked like a rip. Not wearing my glasses.

legrandefromage":385snbhy said:
Oh go on then, heres my effort from a while back (non aero version)

file.php

Very good nick, shame its one of the ones from after Raleigh started putting cack stickers and weird forks on stuff. Could do with black wheels. 9.1/10

Bats":ozpe55iz said:
Wot? That aerospace contour sticker - black and gold with red writing - was only ever put on record sprints. All Aerospace Contour bikes have tubes that are round at the ends and oval in the middle.
doesn't that frame have round tubes tho, looks like it from the pictures so far.

They were still shit.

Latest posts

Back