It was a dream, now it's a project… Merlin 92

Maybe would look good :D

Forks are lovely too :cool:

pink wouldn't be my colour, but i love that fork. what are they?

seat post looks like it's the wrong way around, as the pin is angled upwards towards the front instead of being more level???

RockiMtn":3j63axpx said:
seat post looks like it's the wrong way around, as the pin is angled upwards towards the front instead of being more level???

I tried the 2 ways, and I prefered the pin, parallel to the side of the saddle, for aesthetic reason, but for a better adjust for what I need ;)

The lugged forks are made by Tange for the swiss brand Ferraroli. With the XST flexstem, I really don't need suspension fork and keep a fine titanium feeling

Re:

Magnifique, Pierre!
I had been internally debating whether or not to build a new, lugged crown fork for use on a frame made without lugs. Your Merlin x Ferraroli mashup has convinced me that, if done well, it can work both visually and functionally.
Merci beaucoup,
The Kid

Re: Re:

thekidmalone":2usz743l said:
…to build a new, lugged crown fork
You have plan for finding crowns ?
It's quite impossible to find the Cinelli-ferraroli original crown or the tange crown which is on my pink forks. The only alternative I have found is the Pacenti lug, wide enough for mtb

Re:

You're right, I was planning to use the Pacenti crown on my non-Ferraroli related project.

Interestingly, I find more Ferrarolis here in Switzerland with the flatter Cinelli-Ferraroli crown than with the more sloping Tange crown from your pink forks.

For example, here are pictures of a mid-1980s bike which I recently purchased out of a dark basement at night. :facepalm: I knew there was some frame damage, but there was also a surprising dent hidden behind the upper rainbow stripe on the back of the seat tube which prevents full insertion of a long seat post.

Since this additional damage makes the frame too expensive to restore, would you like me to send you this fork in the same box as the ATZ which we've previously communicated about? Please PM me with interest.

Attachments

• Front View.jpg
    Front View.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 425
  • Rear View.jpg
    Rear View.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 425
Back