It Appears the British can't....

They've stopped gritting my road now, let's hope it stays clear 'cos it's three miles to a bigger road.

Or I'll be living off baked beans with no toast...

perry":2g7tdung said:
You like the bread that is made in a home maker :shock: mumsy got one years ago and it was crap , it looked and tasted like someone drew bread on some cardboard .

I think dyna might be talking about the proper way of making bread that almost nobody does .

Ours is lovely and soft when we bake it, but there is diferent ways of making it. We found if we made the quick loaf which took 1.5hrs it was crap, but the slow cooked loaf which was between 4-5hrs was soft and yummy, another thing we found was if you dont put the ingredients in in the right order it dooesn't blend/knead right.

Our local Morrisons was so busy I couln't even find a place topark the other day. After driving round three times i gave up and went home!

Easy_Rider":dhuznbdj said:
I read an interesting article on the BBC about whether it is our civic duty to clear the paths and road infront of our house. In parts of the US it's a legal duty to do so, in Germany too many do the same, where as here in the UK you run the risk of legal action if you do clear it but somebody slips and hurts themselves!

You can get sued in Denmark if someone slips and hurts themselves because you didn't clear the snow on the pavement in front of your house....

We were very careful to buy a house with no pavement in front of it.

Back