Is this naughty thought socially acceptable?

Take a can or bottle of beer and just find a nice bench and have a drink, it's not breaking any law and if your on a bike and not looking 'dodgy' i don't thin 99% of people would have an issue.

Take a can or bottle of beer and just find a nice bench and have a drink, it's not breaking any law and if your on a bike and not looking 'dodgy' i don't thin 99% of people would have an issue.
Had no idea the UK had a stigma about sitting on a bench giving your liver a living.

Come to Denmark all ye deprived Brits, I'll teach you that there's more to bikepacking than you think. Bevvypacking!

... I am somewhat out of touch, I still have memories of 10p a pint happy hours at uni,
If only, for a 5% beer 55p needs to be added for tax for a pint.
Though Uni halls beer would be mostly water and a splash of dregs*, so low alcohol and not a lot of tax needed ;-)

(our tax is now based on a multiplier of alcohol percentage)

*probably a mixture of Stones, Bass, Tetley and XXXX and other similar high quality beers.

Not wanting to widen the North / South devide but can the OP tell us what county the pub is in?
In the middle? (of england) - warwickshire.

The landlady took umbrage at our querying the cost and suggested we clear off elsewhere if we felt it was too expensive. She says it will be similar now wherever we tried, hence my tongue in cheek post about self sufficiency as an alternative. Perhaps i am out of touch with how quickly inflation is being applied across the board. Last month we paid £11 for two pints and some nuts, at a different pub, which we felt was reaching the top of our limit of acceptance then.
Is there going to be scramble to hide large price rises under the guise of blaming it on the current high inflation?

Back