introduction Remko and '96 Klein Adroit

The downhill ability was also my reason to decide for the SkyCarbolite and instead of the two options I mentioned in my previous post. They were distinctive, well engineered frames, but with a more pure XC geometry.

I have seen that SkyCarbolite on Mp too. Very rare oppertunity to get hands on one, as I have maybe seen 1 or 2 offered since I follow Mp closely ...and that is since 2002. I requested for large pics and they informed me the shape actually wasn't so good. I would have bought it for the frame too, but the condition of the finish simply fell short. I would never get it satisfactory right. Bummer. The one I have is a 47cm and I know I prefer a 52.

Yes, I think mp is the place to be in The Netherlands.

The transparant finish on my bike wasn't as tough as you'd expect it to be. On the whole frame the lacquer was coming of too easy. Not only on the main tubing but also on the rear triangle.

The mp bike seemed to have that problem too, starting at the main Koga Miyata decal on the downtube.

I really like the earlier Koga's with the Herbold geometry. A few weeks back another really nice '93 (that's a guess) Carbolite was offered near Roermond in The Netherlands. With a frame size of 16.5 inch it was way too small for me. But it had the m900 XTR group and the Syncros parts. Offered for € 150 it was quite a good deal if you're looking for these specific parts.

Hi Remko,

Welcome to the forum! Perhaps you can show your bike on the third retro-ride on the 11th of September!?! ;)

Cheers,
Bart

Hi Remko , your name must be a quite common Dutch one...Thought ..on the long shot... you might have the sir name of Schouten, no mind.
Top rides though.

stumpjumper1990":87fov89j said:
Hi Remko,

Welcome to the forum! Perhaps you can show your bike on the third retro-ride on the 11th of September!?! ;)

Cheers,
Bart

Hi Bart. I must say I appreciate your initiative of a retro ride in the Netherlands, but I don't think I'm joining. My bike is far from original with the v-brakes, parallax hubs, Thomson post, XTR 952 rear derailleur, etc. Next to that, it's a 150km ride to The Hilversum area.

Tomahawk kid":87fov89j said:
Hi Remko , your name must be a quite common Dutch one...Thought ..on the long shot... you might have the sir name of Schouten, no mind.
Top rides though.

Remko is far from unique. In 1975 the name peaked at 185 new born Remko's and 662 Remco's. Thanks for liking my rides.

Remko":5np69bpc said:
stumpjumper1990":5np69bpc said:
Hi Remko,

Cheers,
Bart

Hi Bart. I must say I appreciate your initiative of a retro ride in the Netherlands, but I don't think I'm joining. My bike is far from original with the v-brakes, parallax hubs, Thomson post, XTR 952 rear derailleur, etc. Next to that, it's a 150km ride to The Hilversum area.

Original is not a must! As long as you are into retro MTB's you are welcome to join!
And for me it's a 225km ride! ;) If you are on my way, i can pick you up! :LOL:

Back