introduction Remko and '96 Klein Adroit

Elev12k":1dzgx0ui said:
The SkyCarbolite softail from the early MY95 catalogue

Nice, thanks for posting.

I love that Sky Expension.

I paid Fl 3500 for the bike. The Sky Expension was offered for Fl 5000 and was full XTR, at least in my recollection. I think that in '96 Fl 3500 was about 1000 GBP.

Stylus":4g70r7mi said:
Hoi Remko, welkom to de forum ;)

My favourite colour Adroit, and my size too, lovely.

What's your birthday, I'll send it as a present.

Are you also riding a Klein?

Welcome Remko,
Always good to see another dutchman on here. Nice bikes too. Good to see they're riders and not garage queens. Not just used on the dutch 'veldtoertochten', but proper use in the ardennes. :D

welcome to our happy family

Hi Remko ....what an entrance :shock:
you clearly know your stuff and I love you for that dirty Klein Pic :LOL:
Enjoy

That's right Rienster, I love the Ardennes. This year, We've been to the Harz for the first time. A mountainbike walhalla. Rough and beautiful. Next spring, it will be a tough choice.

Remko":18403nz6 said:
What's your birthday, I'll send it as a present.

Are you also riding a Klein?

how nice, you just missed it, it was july 1st but next year would work for me, yeah i ride a 97 21" Adroit Koi, sadly no Stratas :oops:

Remko":1eqqetw0 said:
Elev12k":1eqqetw0 said:
The SkyCarbolite softail from the early MY95 catalogue

Nice, thanks for posting.

I love that Sky Expension.

I paid Fl 3500 for the bike. The Sky Expension was offered for Fl 5000 and was full XTR, at least in my recollection. I think that in '96 Fl 3500 was about 1000 GBP.

If that was for a new bike than you got a generous discount. You mentioned you bought in 1996, so that explains. Orig retail was 4995 and 6795. Alternatives I considered for the SkyCarbolite were Bontager Race Lite and Manitou HT. With the knowlegde of today I think I could have been happy with the Bonty too. The Manitou is nicely made and light, but would have been too vulnerable for my use I suppose.

Would you have consider giving your SkyCarbolite a 2nd try or buying another one?

@Elev12k

It was indeed a nice discount.

A few weeks ago, a guy from Amsterdam offered his original, very good condition '95 Sky carbolite for about 300 euro. It had all the original components, including the shitty Tektro's. I was tempted but saw no good reason to buy. The only really interesting part is the frame. And 300 for the frame only maybe is a bit too well paid.

I've got no plans with my frame. The right lower forks of the rear triangle has worked his way of the rear aluminium derailleur mounting. It can be repared but I'm not really interested to do so at the moment.

The Herbold geometry really worked for me. The ride was quit comfortable and controllable. And it climbed surprisingly well for a 12,5kg bike. Downhill, things were even better. Especially at high speeds this bike was fast and forgiving.

Back