International Shipping causes more problems....

GoldenEraMTB":jahfc918 said:
They revised that form, and updated it so now there's a copy for the shipper, but that was introduced a week or two ago.

Well, doesn't that just match my luck?! :roll: :LOL:

Weird thing last night, I tried to contact the seller about the shipping reciept, and the item has been removed from my 'Sold' list! I decided I'd lost my mind and deleted it myself somehow, but even when I restore all deleted sold items from the last 30 days, it is still gone! :shock: Does eBay somehow lock communication between buyer and seller going in to the final week of the dispute?

I've never seen this happen. The other two items that sold on the same day are there, but no hub. Very interesting. :? Oh well...out of my hands for good now, I guess!

utahdog2003":2ar67wer said:
GoldenEraMTB":2ar67wer said:
Does eBay somehow lock communication between buyer and seller going in to the final week of the dispute?

I've never seen this happen. The other two items that sold on the same day are there, but no hub. Very interesting. :? Oh well...out of my hands for good now, I guess!

Not sure. A similar thing happened to me recently; Bought an item that was not as described = all the screw-threads were wrecked.

Opened a dispute; No response from the seller or Ebay; I closed my dispute after a few weeks, as it obviously wasn't going to accomplish anything.

The item has disappeared from my "Won" list. It took a fair bit of searching to find the old listing, so I could leave appropriate feedback.

Then spent MORE money on thread-taps/dies to restore all the screw-threads. :roll:

utahdog2003":3ojhp84a said:
GoldenEraMTB":3ojhp84a said:
They revised that form, and updated it so now there's a copy for the shipper, but that was introduced a week or two ago.

Well, doesn't that just match my luck?! :roll: :LOL:

Weird thing last night, I tried to contact the seller about the shipping reciept, and the item has been removed from my 'Sold' list! I decided I'd lost my mind and deleted it myself somehow, but even when I restore all deleted sold items from the last 30 days, it is still gone! :shock: Does eBay somehow lock communication between buyer and seller going in to the final week of the dispute?

Have you tried giving ebay/paypal a call?

hi
i've bought stuff off ebay from all corners of the globe. i'm in british columbia canada and have found stuff from usa generally takes longer to get here than anywhere else. uk and germany is super fast. sometimes 1 week from there. but sometimes up to 3 weeks from texas. canada post seems to be slow processing packages from usa. also i have a 1 in 10 rate of packages being stopped by customs from usa too. stuff from anywhere else in world is never stopped by customs. go figuire.
my pet pev is guys in states who won't ship to me. in their replies most sound too lazy to go to post office. i realize usa has enough people they don't need our business. but it's frustrating trying to do a project and can't get parts.
my rant.

Update on my Dutch Shimano Saint hub sale...

...get ready...

...it just went away! I never heard from him again. The complaint he started expired with no response from him to my timeline of events, so I guess he got the hub after all and all is well. I've gotten no feedback and I've left no feedback. No skin off my nose to send him a few messages telling him what I did with the transaction, so I don't see any reason to ding his feedback just because he was antsy to get the part. No blood no foul, right?

Weird. :?

utahdog2003":1jt92z7u said:
Update on my Dutch Shimano Saint hub sale...

...get ready...

...it just went away! I never heard from him again. The complaint he started expired with no response from him to my timeline of events, so I guess he got the hub after all and all is well. I've gotten no feedback and I've left no feedback. No skin off my nose to send him a few messages telling him what I did with the transaction, so I don't see any reason to ding his feedback just because he was antsy to get the part. No blood no foul, right?

Weird. :?

arghhh, this was all over a saint hub????

even if you wanted to leave him negative feedback, as a seller, you wouldn't be able to do that. You could live him positive feedback with a warning for other sellers that he is impatient and annoying...but that he could retaliate with negative feedback for you.

no blood no foul is what I would do in this case...unfortunately :?

Weird one indeed that. Sounds, hopefully, like you have it sorted and finished with.
I bought a pair of hubs from the US. The seller couldn't have been more helpful, even sent an email asking if the hubs arrived. They were delivered this week (2-3 weeks delivery) and contacted the seller to say they had arrived and most happy with them. He couldn't believe it tookj so long!

Hi all,

Nice read. Some international diplomacy from The Netherlands.

Approx. 5 (5%) of all the deals I did involved some kind of dispute (ebay and other sources). 4 of them were settled in a civilized, grown up manner. Decided to take the loss on the last one after all the effort that went into it already. Statisticly this 5% represents excactly what can be expected in terms of outcome within a larger amount of deals (Gaussian curve or bell curve).
Short: more deals, more chance some deal doesn't work as planned. Reducing the risk is a matter of taking some simple measures:
- Accurate description. I've learned "in good nick" can cover a wide range. Still not sure? Ask.
- Insured/sign for postage. Track&Trace. Provides ease of mind for both seller and buyer.
- Communication in all stages of the process from sale to posting. Communication over the internal PM service only (can provide evidence if needed).
- If a deal seems to good to be true it usually is.
Different cultural backgrounds, lacking the knowlegde to interprete correctly what is said to you in a non-native language, lacking experience in international dealing and the personal state of mind all adds up to how smooth a deal is conceived. Therefore it makes no sence labeling (some) nationalities in either a negative or positive way. We're in this together.

Cheers,
Ben

utahdog2003":10rc6jeh said:
GoldenEraMTB":10rc6jeh said:
arghhh, this was all over a saint hub????

:LOL: :LOL: I thought that many times myself. I almost would rather I'd just thrown the damn heavy hunk of poo in the trash! :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you read my mind...believe, now I do; once bitten, twice shy, eh :LOL:

Back