Info on "Rare" 80's Cannondale SM1000/Campy MTB

oldslalomskier":3fwakm97 said:
The serial number on mine is on the left chainsty (upper) The stay that goes from the axle up to the seat.

Ok.......THERE it is.... :oops: Guess I didn't look hard enough....but my bags were in the way.

Ok....... here's some pics that some of you might not like what I've done with this bike.......but I really wanted it and I don't do off-road, so I've outfitted it for the general things I do with it, like errands and staying healthy.

On second thought...... here's a link to the pics on Picasa. For those of you that don't know about Picasa, it's a desktop search engine that goes through all the pics on your computer and sorts them according to how you named them.

When I got started in my pics, it drove me crazy to find anything I put into folders, then trying to cross-reference each pic in different folders...... it just didn't work.

Then I heard about Picasa and it's incredible how easy it is to keep track of and find any photo or group of photos. With nearl 17,000 photos I can find any single or group of pics in 1--3 seconds.

Btw...... it's free, no strings, no spam and no issues for 5+ yrs. www.picasa.com

One of the beauties of Picasa, just a two step process to register for full use......which means you can comment or ask questons right below each pic..... it works so well and once you see it..... you'll be using it more than you could ever realize.

Ok.......sorry.... here's my 1MB Cannondale pics: Oh..... here's the link http://tinyurl.com/3cm96wn

oldslalomskier":yz871eqp said:
The bar colour looked strange.

And I wonder wwhere my Campy pedals went.... hmm...

Yeah...... flash does that to black things sometimes. I see it all the time with cordura saddlebags. Black to the eye......then purple when flash shooting.

They didn't come with campy pedals..... Tiaoga's were installed.

I took the Tiaoga plastic toe clips off because they don't allow quick foot removal in an instant....but the Tioga grated pedals still on my bike are the originals that came on 1MB's.

The only thing that's not original, that came with the bike is the seat. Normally I keep everything, so I don't know where it is.....bummer. :(

My original handbook and advert says the seat was a Cannondale Sport in leather. I'd like to find one, so if anyone has a clue where to look, please let me know.

Thanks........Mike

There's a Cannondale seat in my garage. :) LOL I thought that stock seat was AWFUL so I replaced it with a Selle Italia Trans Alp Ti seat.

oldslalomskier":lgxgwcl0 said:
There's a Cannondale seat in my garage. :) LOL I thought that stock seat was AWFUL so I replaced it with a Selle Italia Trans Alp Ti seat.

I thought it was awful also......and why I immediately took it off and found the Bianchi seat I still have/use.

Would you be kind enough to take some pics of it and send to me please .......send diret to mrc.engr@verizon.net

Thanks !!!

Back