I'm a mild mannered,gentle chap....but

I used to ride a bright pink Dawes Galaxy with a bottle cage mounted klaxon. :shock:
Gave a few motorists brown pants with that, I can tell you.

Get some of these:

Chrome-Spike-BarEnds-instal.jpg

They'll only do it once. :twisted:

I've had my fair share of funking idiots not looking where they are going. So infuriating :twisted: :twisted:

I too share your feelings - now its got me thinking of therapy ;)

i think all car deiver s who are physically capable should be made to ride a bike on the road for a week every now and again to remind them how bad things are.

cyclists should be more aware too, a mate was knocked off his bike last year by a car doing about 40mph in a country lane. he had a small reflective strip on his trousers and a flashing led and that was it. now i'm certainly not saying he was askinfg for it but hi viz stuffs pretty cheap.

i once very nearly took out a guy on a bike a few years ago. dont think i could have lived with myself if i'd have hit him. that episode certainly slowed me down permanently

Xesh":1s9pdmmg said:
perry":1s9pdmmg said:
and how bad is this , there isnt even anyone you can directly shout at

DSC00411.jpg

You think that's bad? At least it's only there temporarily. The idiots around here can't even design cycle lanes properly. There's quite a few with lampposts smack in the middle of the cycle bit! :roll: It seems like the people who design them don't even know the area or haven't been shown pics of it!

I'll get some pics. ;)

http://warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/

Facility of the month page, sir!

how does posting a picture of a disregard to cyclists spur comments about it being badly designed :? its just an example of cyclists being regarded as lower road users compared to cars by others

heres a picture of a badly thought out lane and its one you wont find on any list of "cycle lanes paved with glass , going through devil worshiping heroin addicts needle covered bedrooms "

cycle-path-car.jpg

:shock: They are some crazy people out there.
I had a similar one years ago....its too long a story...but essentially I was nudged off my bike by Mrs Angry (Mr Fat, Stupid and Drunk Angry was the passenger)......spat at when they drove past, and then they tried to knock my off as I filtered past them in heavy traffic.
Unfortunately my fist slipped off my handlebars....smashed into their wing mirror which promptly fell off their car (yes, I was impressed :LOL: ).
Bit of a cat and mouse chase ensued ..... then the police got involved...I was arrested for criminal damage. :roll:
The sargeant at the Police Station was a decent chap though. Took my mug shots and fingerprints etc. Listened to both parties recount of the days events
and prompty threw all my details in the bin.
Of course I had to promise to pay for the mirror....they're still waiting for the cheque :LOL: :LOL:

I had to bail out the other day and hop onto the empty pavement otherwise lorry would have crushed me against the barrier. Mrs Stuipd standing outside waitrose having a fag had the cheek to shout at me for using the pavement. I carried on but then got so pissed off and went back to give her a piece of my mind. Even after telling that it was either using the empty pavement or getting crushed she still had the cheek to say that I should not have cycled on the pavement. I should have stopped and walked!!!

I've had a few run in's with cars not giving enough room. My worst offence is driving past you in heavy slow moving traffic and then pulling over so far to the left when the traffic stops again you can't get past. I usually bash my way past and scratch the rear wing of the car with the bars. If they complain then a quick knee to the wing mirror usually shuts them up. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back