if you can put my springs in, you can HAVE my Englund Carts!

Re: Servicing Rockshox Fsx's

Okay I'm going to sound like a complete nugget here. but I can't follow that pdf at all.. there's not enough pictures and I can't seen anything that resembles what I've got.

seriously. Englund kits for anyone who'll put my springs in =D

Re: Servicing Rockshox Fsx's

Blindingsun":3fwzskta said:
Okay I'm going to sound like a complete nugget here. but I can't follow that pdf at all.. there's not enough pictures and I can't seen anything that resembles what I've got.

seriously. Englund kits for anyone who'll put my springs in =D

So I offer to help, dont want anything in exchange and as you paid £250 for some forks you are not willing to send them to a trusted forum member to rebuild them for you.

Good luck sorting them yourself. If I was you I would leave the Englund carts in them.

Re: if you can put my springs in, you can HAVE my Englund Ca

So what, I'm mental for not wanting to send something to a person I don't know?... I'm sorry but you can be the most trusted person on here, but the matter stands is I don't know you,. I don't know a single thing about you, I wouldn't trust anyone I don't know with my life, let alone my bike parts,

I wasn't trying to be offensive by refusing your offer, it's just the way I've been raised. I'm from a military family and where I'm from trust isn't given, It's earned.

and people don't normally message me asking to put things in the mail so please see it from my side of the field.

Regards.

I offered to help put your springs in as you asked for help in the above post? Do you expect someone to arrive at your house who knows how to build them back up and has spare parts available if needed?

Oh well good luck, as I said above stick with the air cartridges, it will save you a lot of messing around.

Maybe not arrive at my house but maybe meet somewhere mutually agreeable..

and as for sticking with the air cartridges, I'm doing a Jmc replica and they just look wrong =(

Rick, you fancy having a shot at my 95/96 Judy DH? Happy to post the stanchions and lowers over as I can't get them working as they should and can't figure any cart in mine....

Blindingsun":1tk7tg0k said:
Maybe not arrive at my house but maybe meet somewhere mutually agreeable..

and as for sticking with the air cartridges, I'm doing a Jmc replica and they just look wrong =(

How do you know that JMC never rode these (after all he did ride those weird FSX travel extenders on his FSR), wasn't he well known for trying out and even breaking new things? Every racer will want the edge and these were around at the time offering a good upgrade in performance you can be pretty sure that they would have been known about them. You can also pretty much guarantee that the standard damping cart will burst when you ride as they did BITD so you'll be left with a failed set of forks and un-rideable bike, unlikely to get any spares having given away the one decent upgrade everyone wants that is the Englund Air cart. All for the sake of something that you can't even see.

Carl.

I have been following this build with much interest, you say that the bike has to be exact because you are doing a replica, if this is the case I would concentrate on getting the parts that you can see right before worrying about parts that you cannot.

"cos I'm doing a Replica.....

needs to be exact."

I would give up now then because the frame isn't even correct as it's not an s-works and so doesn't fit with your philosophy :LOL:

Back