Re: If LGF says it is...............

That will be harsher than Katie Hopkins but yes, why not

Heres one with drops I made sometime ago

dsc00966_337.jpg

I fancy a bit of moderate correction.

Anybody want these Judy forks?

Re:

If you want to know what all the fuss is about, ride it down that long rocky bridleway that we went down last year on HONC and that led to the road just outside Winchcombe... and try not to touch the brakes.

There's a very good reason Hans Rey and other early trials / trick rides love the Zaskar... ain't no flex in them toobz.

Enjoy... one of my fave bikes ever.

Re: Re:

NeilM":l0kpjhcm said:
If you want to know what all the fuss is about, ride it down that long rocky bridleway that we went down last year on HONC and that led to the road just outside Winchcombe... and try not to touch the brakes.

There's a very good reason Hans Rey and other early trials / trick rides love the Zaskar... ain't no flex in them toobz.

Enjoy... one of my fave bikes ever.

That was 40mph that day on the explosif. :mrgreen: I wonder............

Dont get too wrapped up in comparisons with other bikes, its completely different to steel and even other aluminium frames.

I had an Avalanche and the Zaskar both built up and you couldnt compare the two for ride quality. The 7005 series Avalanche was a bit dead and unforgiving where the Zaskar was compliant and springy at extremes when you needed it.

file.php

Theres a nasty short steep incline on the way to Grafham via Ellington. The Giant Cadex felt great but couldnt make it to the top. The Dynanonbent Voyager was similar in the case that it was nice and stiff till about halfway up the hill and it would just give up. The Zaskar on the same hill stayed proper twangy until the top of the hill, no dead feeling, no flex - its my yard stick to compare other frames to.

Very few frames stayed in the 'collection' if they failed that test. Some did stay for other qualities such as slow speed maneuvering.

I will go back and do a test there again sometime as it is also a great test of fitness too. When I first used to go up there, I just couldnt get to the top.

It may not look much to Hill dwellers but for the Fens, its a lump! So find an incline that you know well and try it out?

Attachments

• nasty incline.jpg
    nasty incline.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 331

The Zaskar frame has to be one of the most faked frames in cycling history. Every aluminium GT was always being palmed of as a Zaskar on ebay due to the availability of decals and the fact that you have to know what the differences actually are between them.

The joke ended up being used for just about anything unidentified on two wheels.

But this is.

Having trouble sourcing forks as steerer needs to be 220mm ish.

Back