Identify my (1950s?) Claud Butler track frame!

Some one with the appropriate knowledge will be along in a minute.... In the mean time please post up pictures of the parts you have accumulated.

Ok, this is where I'm up to.

Bayliss Wiley bottom bracket is fitted and looks like the axle length is fine. Williams crankset ready for its cotter pins. The rear wheel took ages to find and isn't right but will do for now. Campy front wheel is horrible and will be replaced when I build a new wheel with a Bayliss Wiley hub. Ignore the aero seat post, it's just standing in for now. Saddle is an old Wright's B73... happy so far!

20230121_120440.jpg

Looking very nice indeed.
What's not to like there? Between the lugs, chrome, colour and build, it has it all going for it.

Jamie

Hi all,

Haven't been on this forum in ages (sorry) but I'm finally starting to build up this Olympic Sprint after 7 years of ownership...

So, I've sourced a decent 50s stem and bars, brake and saddle. Turning to the bottom bracket, which will have cottered cranks, I realise I have no idea about how to determine the right product/size. The shell is over 2.5in long (67mm) and the internal diameter is 1.5in. Is there an easy way to find a BB that will fit??

Thanks all!
Don
Only 7 years? These things shouldn't be rushed.

thanks all!

Fixed at present, a Villiers sprocket. I have a freewheel coming soon for the other side of the flip-flop and will probably use that!

Back