** IBIS TRANNY ** the story ends.......

Re:

got an RB ride next weekend, and it's on road! :facepalm:

not owning a road bike, i decided to treat the Tranny to some new shoes! :cool:

a pair of crank brothers iodine 3, black and gold wheels, a dura ace cassette and conti gatorskins in 26x1.1

should do the job nicely!

there is however one glaring issue...... my forks are 9mm, the front wheel is 20mm..... ooops :oops:

i managed to track down some adapters in germany though, so fingers crossed they arrive in time!

but until they do, i can't bolt the wheels on! :(

Re:

these are they :cool:

Attachments

• cbi8.jpg
    cbi8.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,021
  • cbi7.jpg
    cbi7.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 1,021
  • cbi6.jpg
    cbi6.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 1,021
  • cbi5.jpg
    cbi5.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 1,021
  • cbi4.jpg
    cbi4.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 1,021
  • cbi3.jpg
    cbi3.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 1,021
  • cbi2.jpg
    cbi2.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 1,021
  • cbi1.jpg
    cbi1.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 1,021
Re:

tried the rear on for that "reverse dragster" look! :LOL:

Attachments

• drag1.jpg
    drag1.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 1,011
Re: ** IBIS TRANNY - ROAD WHEELS 9/5 **

I like crank bros wheels, got 2 pairs of them now. I've got some spare CB adapters somewhere, I'll dig them out and see which ones they are...

Re:

time to sell this off, frame and crank bros wheels will be going, maybe gold xtr cranks, will be in for sale section soon!!

Re:

these two threads (this one, and the original, here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=278041&hilit=tranny ) are i think a fantastic/frightening example of how the world of buying and selling bikes/frames can be for a lot of us on here, although maybe i suffer a little more in my impulsiveness..... :oops:

after having just completed the sale of my Ritchey 650b to Ratcapa on here, i was glumly searching through eBay, as the Ritchey was the best fitting bike i've owned, other that my Ibis Tranny

well, to my surprise, on eBay this morning was my apple green Tranny, unused since i sold it almost a year ago!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331978816450? ... EBIDX%3AIT

i immediately got in touch with Ian to see if i could buy it back, quickly did the deal, and it's now mine...... again!

so, for the third time in three years, i will once more be the owner of my apple green Ibis Tranny! :D :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I will buy it off you next time if you promise to buy it back!

Lovely bike, on my most wanted list. :cool:

(just dont build it with slicks again :LOL: )

Back