** IBIS TRANNY ** the story ends.......

Re:

thought it needed something to tie in the white of the forks, so a new SDG in black and white was fitted, along with a very 'bling' carbon stem!

Attachments

• 11b.jpg
    11b.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 714
  • 11a.jpg
    11a.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 714
  • sdg.jpg
    sdg.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 714
Re:

cheers! :D
for all the myriad tools and equipment that i have in the shed, a means of weighing a bike is something i don't have! :(

Re:

and here it is with its new carbon post and limited edition gold xtr cranks :cool:

Attachments

• tg4.jpg
    tg4.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 652
  • tg3.jpg
    tg3.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 651
  • tg2.jpg
    tg2.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 651
  • tg1.jpg
    tg1.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 651
Re: ** IBIS TRANNY - GOLD CRANKS 20/2 **

Nice :cool: Are those XTR cranks an actual Shimano release or have you had them anodised?

There must be something in the water because I've been fettling my Ibis, will be posting up the latest mods in a bit ;)

Re:

well, I, like you, presumed that these were anodised gold, but on close inspection it appears these are powdercoated, they are still black beneath.......

maybe it didn't make financial sense for shimano to specially anodise 21 chainsets as limited edition for GT and the gold edition Zaskar, so they were painted instead.......

they are nicely done regardless, and they look great fitted, so happy days! :D

Re: ** IBIS TRANNY - GOLD CRANKS 20/2 **

Replacing the red bits by gold coloured stuff works well, i think you need to find a gold seatpost clamp.

And a pair of hope saw rotors, gold alloy carriers to finish as well as saving a few grammes.

Re:

big box arrived just now, could't figure out what it was, but had my name on it.....

turns out it's the new cobalt carbon bars from Germany!!

talk about secure packing!! amazing job!!

Attachments

• cobalt.jpg
    cobalt.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 603
  • cobalt2.jpg
    cobalt2.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 603
Back