Ibis Mojo not nos anymore

Lovely looking frame there, and you were very fortunate to find an unbuilt one.

Perhaps nit-picking, but they didn't do size 18 and this looks like an 18.5. Also I don't think they used the 'Moron' name for the tubeset until 1995. The 1994 catalogue doesn't seem to mention it.

They said the Moron tubeset was customised Tange Prestige, but the 'more on the butts' description seems to fit Tange Prestige Ultimate Ultralight perfectly. It was a 9-5-9 tubeset, so it had 0.4mm butts when 0.3mm butts were almost universal. But it was still a much lighter tube than Tange Prestige MTB, which had 9-6-9 top and down tubes. Perhaps what they meant by custom might have been that it had Ultralight top and down tubes and Prestige MTB everything else.

It would be interesting to know what the frame weighed, and also what your riding impressions of it are.

Hi.

Thank you for all the kind comments! A lizard skin will be going on before I ride it anywhere.
I will have to check out some of the brochures I have. All I had to go on for age was the original advert and I will take a measurement for the frame. I did write down the weight but I can't lay my hands on it at the moment. First impressions of a whizz round the block are good. It fits me really well, gear shifts are slick and much to my suprise the brakes didn't howl - yet. Forks - I know what you mean, I have another set of lowers and a brace that I am playing with. Will update the photos when they are done. I hope to get out and give it a test ride next weekend.

That 96 Judy SL was £600 new, and it's certainly an upgrade from what was fitted as standard. If the frame is a 95 or 96 as I suspect, then it came with a Judy XC.

I have a 96 Judy SL on my 96 VooDoo, also Tange Prestige, also built in California. I find it suits the frame quite nicely and it doesn't feel like a weak link, albeit it hasn't the travel of a modern fork and I only weigh 65kg. I do have Mountain King 2.2s on it though, and I think that makes a big difference compared to those Ritcheys. I don't know whether it is characteristic of Tange Prestige, but the VooDoo is very stable, not as lively a ride quality as my Konas, but very confidence-inspiring and enjoyable.

Very sweet Uncle M. If the weather stays nice we'll have to take it out with one of my Fats this Sunday for a spin and a cheese straw :LOL:

Hi again. Looking forward to that cheese straw already....
Edited my post - size is a medium so 18 1/2 centre to top 17" centre to centre. Moron tubing is first mentioned on the Mombat specs as '95 year. The bare frame on the kitchen scales was 4.15 Lb or 1.882Kg. A midge more now after I hosed it full of Supertrol which is excellent -very thin so you can really get a load in there, swish it around and pour out the excess before leaving it to dry. The right hand seat stay is sealed but to enable the hand job to be brazed in, the left hand stay is vented into the seat tube by a small hole about 2" down. This got a good squirt of Supertrol. I also drilled and shortened the cable guide screw flush with the bottom bracket shell ID - a WD Pro trick that ensures the BB area can drain.

Back