NOS 1994 Ibis Mojo Ti: Paul / Caramba / Westpine / Judy SL / Hi-E / Tri-Align...

Bike_Recyclery

Dirt Disciple
My newest acquisition, and one of the most tricked out mtb's I've ever had! By the frame number #3362 this is likely a late 1994 or 1995 Ibis Mojo Ti, & NOS! It has some super rare parts including the wild Westpine Scissor Brake & Caramba Double Barrel crank. Not a single part on this isn't top shelf boutique goodies. Even minor parts like the Actiontec cassette and Paul Fire Balls. The Flite ti, Judy Sl, Mavic 530's, and XTR FD/Shifters are the only mainstream bits. Englund cartridges have been inflated since these pics!

I bought it from a small auction house in Chicago who was selling off one person's collection (likely this Mark R Weiss on the top tube?). Almost everything in the auction was unridden or just test-ridden.

More pics, click here!

Attachments

• ibis_mojo_titanium_1990s_sebastopol_caramba_double_barrel_paul_handjob_paul_fire_balls_retrogl...jpg
    ibis_mojo_titanium_1990s_sebastopol_caramba_double_barrel_paul_handjob_paul_fire_balls_retrogl...jpg
    500 KB · Views: 133
  • ibis_mojo_titanium_1990s_sebastopol_caramba_double_barrel_paul_handjob_paul_fire_balls_retrogl...jpg
    ibis_mojo_titanium_1990s_sebastopol_caramba_double_barrel_paul_handjob_paul_fire_balls_retrogl...jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 143
    250.3 KB · Views: 137
    321.5 KB · Views: 116
    309.4 KB · Views: 120
Wow, that’s awesome. Never seen that rear brake.

Ha, I like the little canti cable stop shaped like a hand.

Wow. That is lovely. It wears all those bling parts nicely. I'd be looking for a fancy crown and brace for those Judy's, while that rear brake is super trick and rare I'm sure, I don't think it suits the otherwise svelte looking build. Maybe if it were red it may tie in better with what is a lovely build indeed. You could go all in and get a Paul's front mech and shifters.

AMazing as is though.

Incredible find, very :cool:. As unusual as the Westpine brake is (a U Brake for cantilever studs?), it´s preventing the hand job doing it´s job though. Making it a sad hand job if I ever saw one.

Last edited:
Achilles heel of this bike is the fork; some would say it´s the 26in wheels in the way of perfection. The Fat Chance titanium has the BOI and a 72 degr seat angle that takes some of the weight from your hands. The mojos and ti mojos are hardtails, built for susp forks and vintage susp. forks, well..

Incredible find, very :cool:. As unusual the Westpine brake is (a U Brake for cantilever studs?), it´s preventing the hand job doing it´s job though. Making it a sad hand job if I ever saw one.
I can't even see the hand job, where is it? I want to see the hand job!

Why is what called the "hand-job" and where is it? Do I need one in my life?

I disagree with the Action-Tec rear cassette being a 'minor part'. Good luck finding one that hasn't been pieced together...or for sale for that matter. Curious what that weighs...

The bike as a beauty, though I agree with above opinions regarding the fork. Interesting that the PO used the m900 front derailleur but m950 shifters. The cassette is a 7-spd. Is there some kind of indexing hack or did this guy adjust the deraileur to limit movement through 7 gears?

Back