Ibis Bowti restomod 1997

Konsta":2p0bxv0h said:
How is this bike doing?

I just did the same thing with my Canis rear tyre as it was rubbing the insides of my DBR Axis TT chainstays. 224 pieces side knobs went flying!

Hi Konsta, great to read this solution worked for you too! I also found out i was probably running too high tire pressure as well, so lowering a bit also improved things.

The bike has been sitting in storage this past 'winter', i'm looking forward to getting it back soon. There's still stuff to sort out/fix; i need some bar end plugs, the rear tire is not holding air too well so that needs to be redone and the front suspension remote lock out doesnt work...

Re:

i've got it out of storage and enjoying it for a bit the past few days, lots of fun!

49957057586_7d257c39be_b.jpg

wowzers. The frame looks quite literally suspended in the air. so sick! still riding it I hope!

@br0qn Thank you! Yessir, i just had the shocks serviced and added CushCore tire inserts.. it’s ready to rock and roll, now just need some better weather

Wow. Really nice to see this come together. You did a great job and I would be lying if I wasn't a bit jealous to have such a beauty! 😎🚲

Right, i’m thinking about changing some stuff in this build.
Going to replace the rear shock for something slightly more modern because 1) i want to try the old damper on another build and 2) the new shock has a blacked out stanchion, like on the front fork.

The Avid brake levers will be replaced with some used 2nd gen Paul’s. A little more matchy matchy with the Paul disc brakes.

Also going to try the Control Tech bar extenders as suggested by a fellow member.

Now i found the parts i need to find the time..

[] IMG_0175.jpeg

Back