I think my (stolen) bike is on gumtree!

Re: Word of advice

Jamiedyer":1t2yy00o said:
An excellent result!

A quick word of advice, and that is to write down and photograph your serial numbers. Then write the bikes serial number on the steerer of the fork with permanent marker and write it on a slip of grease proof paper with your name and slide down the seat tube.
If its then found even with the numbers taken off the BB they cant argue with the others
Jamie

Good point :cool:

Re: Word of advice

dyna-ti":knadembl said:
Jamiedyer":knadembl said:
An excellent result!

A quick word of advice, and that is to write down and photograph your serial numbers. Then write the bikes serial number on the steerer of the fork with permanent marker and write it on a slip of grease proof paper with your name and slide down the seat tube.
If its then found even with the numbers taken off the BB they cant argue with the others
Jamie

Good point :cool:

awesome advice
there are also those trackers which go into your seat tube

and you can register on the database too
i had one of my frames done for free, the use chemical ink or something

think the tracker is around £20 :?

Nice one!

Studied law a few years ago and I was always of the opinion that a purchaser who purchases something in good faith has valid title.The question which is maybe relevant then is what is in good faith?

I'm guessing that even if he did purchase it and wasn't the person that stole it, why would he now be selling it? Probably because he got it at a really low price which should have put him on alert ie he didnt buy it in good faith! So this is why the bike has been returned.

And just for the purpose of clarity, i'm sure the law in England and Wales will be different on this one . . . . .

Nice one!

Studied law a few years ago and I was always of the opinion that a purchaser who purchases something in good faith has valid title.The question which is maybe relevant then is what is in good faith?

I'm guessing that even if he did purchase it and wasn't the person that stole it, why would he now be selling it? Probably because he got it at a really low price which should have put him on alert ie he didnt buy it in good faith! So this is why the bike has been returned.

I'm not a solicitor or anything, so this one is just my opinion based on what I used to know. I don't think the law will have changed much in 6 years or so as most of the caselaw was to do with horses.

And just for the purpose of clarity, i'm sure the law in England and Wales will be different on this one . . . . .

Back