I think it’s time.................... Call me Squire Gordon.

Re: I think it’s time.................... Call me Cheryl

I have a brown sprung brooks, cork grips and gum walls for this.

Gentlemanly?

Re:

Mid last year I took a fancy to a harris tweed jacket on e bay(also got to that age )Now got three of them and the oldest one was made around 1960 and it is still in perfect condition and pushing 60 years old.Says a heck of a lot for the quality of the stuff. Its heavy and the wool is very course( probably hardwick sheep ).Harris tweed wool is dry clean only.If you get some that have been used then take them straight to the dry cleaners.Clothing moths love wool and dry cleaning kills the larvae and eggs. The larvae start out microscopic and live in the wool for up to two years. Dont let that lot loose in your wardrobe. Like I say I love the stuff but a friend of mine who has thousands of pounds worth of paramo walking gear in his wardrobe now reckons I am a toff because I have gone tweed .Seems to ignore the fact that wainwright did all his fellwalking in it

This is the final element of my ensemble. Already have a shooting waistcoat and overcoat. Overcoat is daily workwear.

avalonian":316r87oa said:
It's not true without photo's
Once fully attired, I shall find a suitable location for a sepia print.

On that note, and as this is my thread, that can go anywhere, and does, a little gem............

Apparently the first person ever to be photographed. Entirely accidentally. All others were rendered invisible by the length of exposure required for the rudimentary emulsion.

A solitary figure having his shoes cleaned. behold!

I love this stuff!

I bet he's wearing tweed.

Attachments

• daguerre.gif
    daguerre.gif
    272 KB · Views: 346

it gets worse.Carradice have limited edition saddlebags in harris tweed.There is one in a blue/purple that would go really well with the Dave lloyd project 90 I recently bought on here but at £90 for a barley?Probably not going to happen

For the MTB, might keep some spares slung across me in an old leather binocular case...........

Back