I think it’s time.................... Call me Squire Gordon.

Re: I think it’s time....................

The History Man":359b334p said:
Thinking of getting an old helmet and tweeding it.

3_yakkay-paris-herringbone-cap-cover-only-2938.jpg

Re: I think it’s time.................... Call me Cheryl

I presume you’re going to have to get a beard too, if you’re planning on audaxing.

Re: I think it’s time.................... Call me Cheryl

And what of audaxing?

Would such an event be meandering around the Cotswolds, Carradice laden with flask, cake and sandwiches, pausing to admire the tranquility and beauty of my surrounds, a beauty lost at the self-imposed pace of the lycra clad middle-aged spreaders, fighting against the inevitable onset of decrepitude. Believing they can recapture the speed, fitness and vitality of their youth.....?

To step from my steed and be at one with my surroundings, rather than to present a jarring riot of colour and marketing more befitting of an F1 paddock.

I do believe my present and continuing physical stature and eupepsia dictate that the sartorial elegance afforded by the labours of crofters is my fate to embrace.

Re:

There is an antidote to all this atavism THM....a titanium bike :LOL:

Er you do need a proper beard. Something WG. Grace would have been proud of at least.

Re:

If I were to visit certain roadside purveyors of Mediterranean meat based comestibles in my newly acquired attire only to place the aforementioned food item in a capacious pocket, would I have obtained a crofter kebab?

Re: I think it’s time....................

longun":e93yvlg4 said:
What are they like to ride in, seriously. Sick of wearing out baggy style shorts and I’m now off an age I could pull it off.....

Try to find a pair without back pockets, they're uncomfortable, particularly the buttons. Great in the dry, miserable, heavy, itchy & cold once they get wet. Brilliant bramble resistance. Keep your legs/knees warm even is sub zero conditions.

Back