I think I want to scratch the Klein itch…..

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I’ve held off quite a while but I think I want to scratch the Klein itch I have.

I’ve deliberately stayed away from Klein due to knowing I’d want one if I get too involved with their models and history. I admire the early stuff from far but don’t want to invest the kind of cash to not be able to ride the thing and 96+ is my era.

To slightly go against the norm I’d quite like a later Klein from around 97/98 era. Which model is the one to have (attitude race?) as I’m not clued up at all apart from knowing these are the “trek era” and less desirable than the early stuff.

There’s a nice one on eBay at £1500 in Orange/yellow but seems a bit pricey for this era (more like £1k)

Are Race and non race frames the same?

I suspect both Adroit and Attitude of the post-Trek era had the same frame.

Just pony up for an MC1 era fuselage. You know you will eventually. Unavoidable around these parts.

I suspect both Adroit and Attitude of the post-Trek era had the same frame.

Just pony up for an MC1 era fuselage. You know you will eventually. Unavoidable around these parts.

Probably one of my favourite bikes for sure but I’m not sure I want to own one (mc1 era) I know that sounds strange.

I always lusted after a STS Lobo but never wanted to own one just admire from far. Had one and ended up selling it after a couple of years.

96/97 is what i remember from back in the day and even though I know it’s a trek in a frock I really like them.

Disclaimer - I’m not saying I won’t end up with a Early Klein at some point as it seems the way these things go lol

Have you seen this one?

Yeh I’ve seen that. I’d like one in a funky colour and also rim braked

This is my current favourite so far. But not at £1500

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I scratched that itch myself once. Caused me to hemorrhage money and riding it made my spine bleed. It was a lovely machine to look at in all its gator fade glory, with many ringle trinkets and m900. Rascal by name, rascal by nature too, I'd get numb feet and hands even on short flat rides. Do I regret selling it (at a loss), yes, as it was the nicest looking bike I've probably owned. But it would have been very expensive wall art as I couldn't ride it very far.

I'm no Klein snob and have been tempted by the trek Klein's, they still have some nice paint jobs and didn't command the premium of pure Klein's. Can they be that different? I doubt very much changed aside from adopting standards you could get parts for and got without special tools. I've seen a few go for very reasonable money but maybe things have changed? I hope you find one and for the love of God, get front suspension ;)

Comp and Race had the same frame but different colours, Race full bike had a higher spec than Comp.
What size are you looking for?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back