I need help to identify this Colombus Concorde frame

Peuf

Dirt Disciple
Hello everyone,

I got this nice concorde frame but I can't find the model, it looks like it's been badly painted over in black so I can't pinpoint the original paintjob, maybe all yellow?
There is a Columbus sticker (very damaged) but same can't pinpont what kind of tubing it is, seatpost size seems to be 27 or 26.8mm
Fork is fully chromed, BB shell has some nice cut outs and all dropouts are gipiemme.
Any luck anyone?
Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_9807.JPG
    IMG_9807.JPG
    423.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9870.JPG
    IMG_9870.JPG
    607.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9871.JPG
    IMG_9871.JPG
    397.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9872.JPG
    IMG_9872.JPG
    454.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9873.JPG
    IMG_9873.JPG
    371.6 KB · Views: 26
Not wanting to be rude, but Aelle is towards the bottom end of the Columbus range. Because of this, and its my personal opinion only, but i wouldn't be spending loads on a fancy paint job - the frame is probably not worth it..... unless of course there are special sentimental reasons

Not wanting to be rude, but Aelle is towards the bottom end of the Columbus range. Because of this, and its my personal opinion only, but i wouldn't be spending loads on a fancy paint job - the frame is probably not worth it..... unless of course there are special sentimental reasons
I know that's why I wanted to identify it before, but the frame is really well made so will need to be saved, might just do a respray but not identical

I know that's why I wanted to identify it before, but the frame is really well made so will need to be saved, might just do a respray but not identical
Aelle really wasn't rubbish. And they were always well made frames, Italian built and Belgian paint.

I would agree with @grantoury regarding the Aelle tubing. It was a heavier tubeset (Aelle R was butted and a little lighter), but stiff and I found it to be a good alternative to "SL"/"SP" which even for a small guy like myself tended to flex more than I wanted on climbing or heavy acceleration, especially on a taller frame (I rode oversized bikes when younger and broke; bought what I could find/afford). I rode an F. Moser "Aelle" from the mid 80s which provided a more stable ride than my early 80s Colnago Super ("SL" frame) considering the aforementioned conditions. If I was to comment on a lesser tubeset from Columbus, "Zeta" would be the one I would be the least happy with, stiff but "sluggish and unlively" for my riding style.
That being said, I will also agree that it is probably not worth an expensive paint job, but it would still deserve conservation at the least. I would also assume that being an entry to mid level frame it was made in fairly high quantities.

Back