I just bought this ( 88 Rockhopper Frame )

doctorstewie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Oh I like old Speshes.
I've been after an old Hardrock and Hardrock comp ( got my eye on a nice looking HR, but still desperately want an 89 Hardrock Comp, you know, if you have one down the back of the sofa ) but I saw this and bunged a bid on. 99p bought it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391143026020? ... EBIDX%3AIT

It'll need some work.

This, combined with the 98 Saracen Maxtrax frame I am picking up on the same journey from Cardiff to Manchester on Monday means that I will have 2 more projects soon. Picking up a Dyna in a couple of weeks too.

I think I have become a collector. :facepalm: :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Bargain!

I've got a lovely condition 88 Hardrock sat in a box doing nowt if you are interested :D

Attachments

• IMG_2368 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2368 (Custom).JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 885
Blimey that looks Minty!! Was really after an 89 comp but I MIGHT be persuaded, how much are you after?
( Marvellously teasy pic too )

Check mine out in my signature. I have three yellow Rockhoppers and a green Rockhopper comp :)

I'll try dig out some more pics for you. It won't be 99 p though :D

doctorstewie":udocdlbq said:
Blimey that looks Minty!! Was really after an 89 comp but I MIGHT be persuaded, how much are you after?
( Marvellously teasy pic too )

Trebz: Lovely bikes!! ( those handguards!! the MTB equivalent of Leg Warmers, perhaps?)
My first MTB was an 89 Hardrock while I got hold of a Hardrock comp for the mrs. ( which became my second bike when I got her a proper sized frame for her bits ) I even put Future Shocks on it. Speshes of that era rode really well.

Looking forward to doing things with the Rockhopper - It'll probably end up being a guest bike as it looks a bit big for me, but then I want something the same size as my first one, which was in fact too big for me but perfectly manageable now, though I wouldn't take something too big to a trail centre, for example.

I got it home this evening - picked up a 98 Saracen Max Trax while I was at it.
It's a bit scruffy..alright very scruffy but it all looks sound. The levers and shifters are shot but the cantis and the U break look fine, as does the chainset ( thought the NDS is missing which leads me to believe the previous owner may have tried to remove the DS and failed, we shall see. The post seems seized but it's an 88 Rockhopper.
Unfortunately it's bloody enormous. 22.5 c to c.

I will probably remove the chainset and brakes, but it looks as though I shall be Karmaing the frame if anyone wants a large, scruffy but sound Rockhopper frame to play with.

Ant: Any news on your HR?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cheers Ant, I just saw the Comp this morning - it's exactly the one I am after even down to the (too large really ) size :)

The one in Maidenhead is very nice but they won't deliver, and the Comp is the one I am really after ( though it looks like others are too..)

Latest posts

Back