Ever bought a bike just for the paint job...?

markjohnson76

Saracen Fan
That's what I did today. I bought this 1990 Muddy Fox Courier Comp off of a Facebook ad for £50. I couldn't resist the floor green! Anyone else picked up a bike purely because of how it looks? That low stem is going to ruin my 40 year old back.

It's in great original condition, all there and working. I have the original wheels and tyres in good condition. Going to let them go as I want black rims on her.

I know these have popped up on here before, but seriously, that colour! Just thought I'd share:)

Attachments

• couriercomp.jpg
    couriercomp.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 728
Re:

Excellent buy, lovely to see one in that size, bought loads of bikes just for their paint jobs, including a 1991 Muddy Fox Alu Team :cool: :cool: :D

That sums up just about ever Klien owner

Is that a picture of the actual bike? looks in good condition :) why dont you start a thread for it and post up some more pics :)

Retro Spud":3dxjx1ts said:

:LOL: including me, bought mine for my daughter when she is bigger as it was pink and purple :) and my Sex Too was bought mainly for the colour too

Mark

Retro Spud":3hxymd2s said:

Harsh but fair :LOL: Only used colour to decide which used example of a particular model to buy. Some paint jobs are so iconic they become etched in your mind.

Re:

I did buy one just for the colour.
Nothing at all special as its a Dawes rough trade. Completely original in lime green with gloss black spinner forks. Still has rigida rallye black rims and in good nick

Once or twice. Nice bike. Needs a bit of..........

Attachments

• D6F435E3-F0C7-43CE-BF19-F99220568468.jpeg
    D6F435E3-F0C7-43CE-BF19-F99220568468.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 609
Back