I finally got an RTS

Bob

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After first seeing one in my LBS about 15 years ago i've now got one thanks to retroman on here, it's not the "Zasker" one but it's a start. When it arrived all it needed was forks and wheels but I changed a few other bits anyway :D
It's no-where near my ideal setup yet (funds are a bit tight) more a case of what I had hanging around to get out and have a go, but still, the old girl's not looking too bad.
Please excuse the cable disc brake, although it does work rather well, I can't find the canti mount kit for the Marzocchi's :roll:
I thought the 2.3" tyres might be a tad too much but they were already on the Syncros Big Box wheels I had and I was being lazy :oops: As it turns out I don't think they look too bad and there's more clearance than I thought there would be.
If/when I find a more suitable fork or the canti mounts for the Bomber, I have a set of XT V's and a pair of 217's on XT hubs with Velociraptor tyres to go on, in the mean time i'll probably swap the tyres anyway :cool:

2011-09-13_14-41-35_70-1.jpg

looks good quite fond of these myself
still very capable as long as your not jumping of bus shelters

A nice bike that really like the RTS.If your interested in changing your forks I have a pair of Manitou Answer Comp 1 1/8" 1995 in great condition £50 +p&p, would be prepared to swap for your F&R Velociraptors + £30 p&p inc. Ideally RTS's would be great with a pair of Rock shox Sl's or Sl Ti's

RTS

Nice bike, you can now make it yours with the odd bit here and there. Good call Tomahawk kid,I have manitou 2s and 3s (2s look better 3s ride better) on my RTS from the day it was born back in the day 93. Syncros or Kore stem and post would look smart.

Cheers for the Manitou offer but I really can't spend any more money at the moment, however I did find some Manitou's that i'd completely forgotten I had :LOL: and thought i'd stick them on to see how it looks, slightly less travel than the Bomber's and have canti bosses, also put the 217's on but found a pair of Joe Murray tyres (2.2") to see how it all looked. The wheel and tyre combo are a hell of a lot lighter :cool: but I think I like the black spokes/rims of the sycros's. Grrrr :evil:

One day I will figure out how I want it, all I know for now is I want some yellow RS Judy's and some money :roll:

2011-09-14_14-56-21_263.jpg

rts3

hello, hello, hello, i think i recognise that old figure, shes looking a bit fresh :D . sitting here with a small lump in my throat but i know shes gone to a better place :cry: .well done bob keep the build pics coming.

drew

Back