I felt grubby...

agree with dyna , not sure what the problem is :LOL:

years ago i was riding around torquay on our bmx bikes with some mates , typical saturday night , typical saturday night moron comments . one guy came up to us and said " ere why dont you get a motorbike "

i guess the guy didnt realise he was talking to chris brock who is one of the countrys top fmx riders and was sponsored by osiris , next to him was steve cousins who at the time was sponsored by redbull and his brother paul who was a competent racer :LOL:

when walking down the street if i see a guy on a bike ill nod and say alright . i guess that comes from riding in a time where you were friends with , or just about to become friends with anyone who rode where you lived

if im in a position to help ill go the extra if they are on a bike , regardless of it being any good , it could be a shonky piece of crap for all i care im just happy they are making the effort to do some pedaling :D

Cycling can be a lonely past time as most of the great unwashed are of the 'I can get a bike for £39 in tesco' type.

It can be very startling when someone tosses off a casual comment out of the blue. It is sometimes hard to believe that there is another person in existence who actually has some knowledge or at least, an appreciation of our hobby/ obsession.

I'm always caught on the hop when I hear such behaviour, its the white whale of comments, as rare as a smiling roadie or amberwall tyres...

orange71":3dw1j2fh said:
I compliment people on their bikes sometimes :D

Me too. every time i stop at traffic lights I look across in the shop window reflection and see the man on a Trimble :LOL: :oops:

narcissus I know :roll:

ededwards":i0dmf9wf said:
dyna-ti":i0dmf9wf said:
Sorry bit lost here :?

Yeah, me too as he was clearly a nice fellow that meant well. Just threw me a little I guess.

I suppose it might have been different if it was a nice girl who threw the compliment ;)

I tend to gaze a little too long at passing bikes as it's hard o decipher what the bike is :?

Last years London freewheel, my self and 2 friends were chilling in the sun in St James's park, chap walks past, looks at my RC100 on the grass, looks at me and pays a genuine "nice bike" comment. My mate who had his back to the learned gent, & who shares little appreciation for any thing more than 23 seconds old assumes the comment was aimed at his Santa cruz Chameleon, turns around and says "cheers" only to be met with a confused look from the chap paying the compliment.

Made my day :)

Comment

Maybe he was hitting on you Ed ;)

or maybe he just liked the cut of your jib.

Jamie :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I used to get that alot with my motorbikes. Didn't really mind tbh until one day I was walking back to the bike and noticed a guy sitting on the bike, side stand up, saying 'nice bike mate'. I was not a happy chappy to say the least and he got promptly told to get to feck off my bike :roll:

ededwards":128wyj4a said:
dyna-ti":128wyj4a said:
Sorry bit lost here :?

Yeah, me too as he was clearly a nice fellow that meant well. Just threw me a little I guess.

Think he's smitten by yer rugged good looks me ol' son :shock: :shock:

You have a choice to make - either steer clear or enjoy :LOL:

(now i didn't really say that did I?)

Hmm, several have commented that it may be as much to my sexual attractiveness as much as that of the bike. Come to think of it, they may have a point.....

Back