i don't want to pay for thatchers funeral.

Since we're no longer ganging up on Technoedup I'm back in.

It's not about the money for me. Or the politics even.

It's the message it sends about double standards, cronyism and overall lack of respect for those taxpayers who aren't in the Thatcher fan-club in that it is essentially a marketing exercise for the Conservative Party, however woefully advised/implemented.

How exactly do the people of the UK benefit from it? If there was a return on it then it might make sense.
Olympics? - Profile - tourism, brand awareness etc etc
Third World Aid? - HOPEFULLY in the long run stable states that want to trade with us.
Pensions, Health care, Welfare, Defence, Education - all in the national interest I think all would agree.
Interest - a necessary evil sadly,
Thatcher's funeral? No benefit whatsoever.

I'm just not getting it.

No, it's about the money. Giving a billion in aid to a country that can already afford a space programme and atom bombs while we ourselves quibble at home over paying for the Trident replacement is double standards.

I still heartily think we need to worry about the big value double standards, the billion plus pound hypocrisy before we worry about the same thing on a smaller scale. It's like worrying about having left the lights on while your house is burning down.

Sometimes you have to deal with the little things as and when they come up. Don't you ever find yourself having to do that in your everyday life?

dbmtb":ddmfwhug said:
How exactly do the people of the UK benefit from it?

I'm just not getting it.

Then let me help you

Internationally it might just restore our reputation for being able to respect people in death...even those some disagreed with

Rather than the nation we have become of hatred and always looking to blame others

What ever your politics, this and how it is carried out will show people around the world what being British is.... I just hope it's more style rather than Jeremy Kyle

sylus":2bpikmju said:
dbmtb":2bpikmju said:
How exactly do the people of the UK benefit from it?

I'm just not getting it.

Then let me help you

Internationally it might just restore our reputation for being able to respect people in death...even those some disagreed with

Rather than the nation we have become of hatred and always looking to blame others

What ever your politics, this and how it is carried out will show people around the world what being British is.... I just hope it's more style rather than Jeremy Kyle

i totally agree we should respect people in death. nothing wrong with that statement.
but not at the expense of the living.
it seems a trvial £10 million is not going to bother most people anyway.
but i'm sure if it was left down to the working public to decide on this overspending.
things would be very different.

Duh, we wouldn't need so much security if they weren't making such a song and dance about it and making it so big !

As for this jeez get me the sick bucket.....what a load of baloney.......i didn't know we disrespect the dead in the uk.....the poor, the homeless, the infirm, the old, the jobless yes !.........people are just making it up now, get me a hanky ...for the tears of laughter..

''Internationally it might just restore our reputation for being able to respect people in death...

''What ever your politics, this and how it is carried out will show people around the world what being British is...''
:facepalm:

Latest posts

Back