I am going to give these drop bar converters a try

Mangizmo

Raleigh Fan
These have intrigued me, I struggle to find drop bars wide enough for my liking, there are gravel bars around now but the quoted 55cm width etc is often at the flared drops, its very hard to find drop bars that are over 460mm wide on the hoods and even if you can they tend to be very expensive, so I am going to give these a try (from China) so advantages for me are
Use wide flat inexpensive bars, as wide as you like
Fit the drops at any distance apart you choose
You can use inexpensive flat bar brake shifters, or just the shifters and stick with conventional drop levers and/or cyclo cross top mounted levers or even drop sti brake shifters
If you use a bar end mirror, it cam be fixed a long way out past the drops to give a good rear view
they are on order, I will report back, so now I can have ny drops as wide/narrow as I wish...........might work :) drops.jpg drops2.jpg drops3.jpg

These have intrigued me, I struggle to find drop bars wide enough for my liking, there are gravel bars around now but the quoted 55cm width etc is often at the flared drops, its very hard to find drop bars that are over 460mm wide on the hoods and even if you can they tend to be very expensive, so I am going to give these a try (from China) so advantages for me are
Use wide flat inexpensive bars, as wide as you like
Fit the drops at any distance apart you choose
You can use inexpensive flat bar brake shifters, or just the shifters and stick with conventional drop levers and/or cyclo cross top mounted levers or even drop sti brake shifters
If you use a bar end mirror, it cam be fixed a long way out past the drops to give a good rear view
they are on order, I will report back, so now I can have ny drops as wide/narrow as I wish...........might work :)View attachment 727166View attachment 727167View attachment 727168
Finally, someone who actually pulled the trigger on these. I’m intrigued to know how comfy they are.

Finally, someone who actually pulled the trigger on these. I’m intrigued to know how comfy they are.
I reckon they will be brilliant, it should mean that you can have your drops as wide or as narrow as you like and just transfer them easily to other bikes as required if you sell/ change bikes. Flat bar brake/shifters are MUCH cheaper than for drop bars and flat bars are also inexpensive.....could be handlebar Nirvana for me :)

Back