Hyperlite Orientation Poll

Should I change the Orientaion of the Hyperlite bars?

• Yes, what were you thinking?

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, it doesn't matter.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
my dale se bars are like thah ,and need to be the wrong way to be right

Correct way is: so it readable from in front of the bike, so all your friends and people looking at pictures know what the bike has fitted and you'r rich enough and cool enough to be running them.

Wrong way is: so you can see and so keep reminding yourself of the fact you're running very old, very thin handlebars that could easily be hiding hairline cracks

;)

FluffyChicken":2nqb1tvl said:
Correct way is: so it readable from in front of the bike, so all your friends and people looking at pictures know what the bike has fitted and you'r rich enough and cool enough to be running them.

Wrong way is: so you can see and so keep reminding yourself of the fact you're running very old, very thin handlebars that could easily be hiding hairline cracks

;)

LOL! Awesome.

ez054098":yecl5s4f said:
FluffyChicken":yecl5s4f said:

;)

LOL! Awesome.

Classic! Wish I'd thought of it... :LOL:

hi
went and checked mine. should have done this before i asked you which was right. writing on my bars is orientated to be read from the cockpit like pictured on yours. this bike was virtually a one owner bike. owned by an older fellow since new. and doubtful bar had ever been off the bike. so to be `correct' on a SE2000 it has to be `incorrect'???? :D :oops:
roy

Logo should be readable by person standing in front, although while this is true for the bars, hubs and the brake levers Mr Shimano was so pleased with himself when he made thumbies that he decided that you should be able to read it every time to shift and put them upside down!

Do they work as they are?

Can you be arsed to pull everything off them and re-fit for the sake of someone else being able to see what bars you have?

If you can answer 'yes' and 'no' to the 2 questions, then stop worrying about it and ride your bike instead ;)

So I snapped a few pics this morning of the bars and discovered that they are correct because there isn't any graphics on the underside of the bars. Meaning, you could flip them, but you would just have silver bars. Probably not what Cannondale had in mind.

Attachments

• Bars1.jpg
    Bars1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 355
  • bars2.jpg
    bars2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 355
I have three sets of the bontrager/hyperlite stem/bar combos, in which an answer hyperlite bar is bonded and riveted into a bontrager stem to reduce weight. On all sets, the 'hyperlite' lettering is readable from the cockpit and is upside down when looking at the bike from the front. If Keith Bontrager and Answer determine that this is the correct orientation, I'd say that's good enough for me!

benbonty":9p45kxsx said:
I have three sets of the bontrager/hyperlite stem/bar combos, in which an answer hyperlite bar is bonded and riveted into a bontrager stem to reduce weight. On all sets, the 'hyperlite' lettering is readable from the cockpit and is upside down when looking at the bike from the front. If Keith Bontrager and Answer determine that this is the correct orientation, I'd say that's good enough for me!

Do you understand that on THESE bars, there is only lettering on the top? I wasn't saying on all Hyperlite bars.

Back