How to date a Spesh Hardrock?

Hardrock

Checked some of my old cats and for sure you could still get a hardrock with cantis and threaded headset right through till 97 or so, but not in this colour as far as I can see. The closest is still the silver 98 though I think that should have V's not Cantis. Pre 95 were the older style decals with the hardrock on the downtube and spec on the toptube. That hardrock decal is definately post 95. If all else fails you can put the colour and spec list on the specialized tech forum and they should be able to tell you.
Jamie
(not beaten yet)

Huntso":29b7y4ex said:
Wouldn't 98 be a bit late on for a threaded headset?

No, due to the hardrock being the base budget model. But i do think this is a 96/97 def not pre 95 due to decal arrangement.

Thanks for you help so far guys.

I did think it was late 80's ('86>) just by looking at the catalogues in the archive & the decal arrangement, have also asked for some details on the shimano kit to see if I can ID it that way (provided it's original kit)

Interesting thread i'd like to hijack in that i've recently aquired a 23" hardrock frame/fork and a few other bits including suntour thumbies, suntour front mech, threaded 1" headset, 25.4mm seatpost, stem with built in cable hanger. Colour is white front half fading into dark pink rear with Hotrock decals on downtube and specialized and Comp logo's on top tube. Frame has short horizontal dropouts and seatstay mounted rack mounts also its 130mm OLN.

I think its very early 90's or late 80's like my 90/91 stumpjumper as the frame spec is similar.

Any thoughts would be useful !

Probably build up with as much Suntour as possible using a screw on freewheel hub.

Cheers

velomaniac":1e4izihz said:
Interesting thread i'd like to hijack in that i've recently aquired a 23" hardrock frame/fork
Any thoughts would be useful !

Probably build up with as much Suntour as possible using a screw on freewheel hub.

Cheers

at 23 inches I'd just use it as a roll cage for your 3 wheeler ;) :LOL:

Insults such as that from someone who chooses to live in Dundee, look around you before taking the mick :roll: :LOL:

Anyways you getting miniken anything good and retro for xmas ?

Back