How olds yer stuff then

If i find good clothes i usually buy a few pairs etc.....still have very good t-shirts (kept their colour) from 1989 !..........i usually only wear M65 jackets (have other special outdoor gear)that i've been wearing since the mid 80's...on my 3rd one now......i like stuff that lasts.........BUT as for bikes i've owned i lost count over 50ish i guess :D

greenstiles":2yfk35h6 said:
If i find good clothes i usually buy a few pairs etc.....still have very good t-shirts (kept their colour) from 1989 !..........i usually only wear M65 jackets (have other special outdoor gear)that i've been wearing since the mid 80's...on my 3rd one now......i like stuff that lasts.........BUT as for bikes i've owned i lost count over 50ish i guess :D

I tend to buy clothes online from the next sale, cheapskate i now, But some go to second hand shops, like my mother in law, but the disadvantage of having parents that ran a children's charity was that we were given loads of stuff for jumble sales and my parents made us chose clothing from the donated stuff, some was great but it made you feel that you just wanted something new, so on clothes I always insist on new even if it means the children don't have loads of stuff at least it's new. But bikes, well sod the children I know what's important.

Alison

highlandsflyer":y3dk72ng said:
All my kit comes from skips.

Skips and charity shops. Behold the bounty to be had. I found a dunelm shag pile rung worth at least £200 in a skip. Brand new might I add.

One mams trash is another mans treasure.

highlandsflyer":149q40tx said:
All my kit comes from skips.

My mums last husband was a skippy :D and it is amazing what he got.

Any bikes for the kids in there as my 8yr old has outgrown his?

Alison

I buy quality and make it last. Mostly on clothes and shoes rather than stuff for the house. I've been in this flat for 6 years and don't remember buying anything specifically for it other than one armchair when I moved in. I've never bought a TV though- I'm on my third free hand me down set at the minute. I'll only buy an LCD when this old CRT goes bang.

I've got ten year old shoes still going strong having been reheeled and soled many times. Spending a few hundred quid is good value if they look good, last and fit like a glove after years of use. Cheap sweatshop made shoes annoy me. There's no excuse for shit shoes.

Buy classic stuff with enough detailing to keep me happy but not enough that it's clearly 'old' within a year or two. That would be my motto.

Back