How much to fit a headset?

Evans Cycles, come on down!

Bearing in mind I'm sure they charge £10 to fix a puncture you could say it was reasonable. Or perhaps it just shows that many cyclists / people who ride to work are unwilling or unable to fix simple problems.

[Ponders over the AA for Bikes yet again ....]

Kestonian":3nij280d said:
Evans Cycles, come on down!

Bearing in mind I'm sure they charge £10 to fix a puncture you could say it was reasonable. Or perhaps it just shows that many cyclists / people who ride to work are unwilling or unable to fix simple problems.

[Ponders over the AA for Bikes yet again ....]

I used to work (loose term :LOL: ) for walton cycles. they used to charge £9 to fix a flat back in 1999, so that price doesnt surprise me at all :roll:

Cycle Revival in Heathfield faced my bottom bracket and head tube and fitted a headset I'd bought elsewhere, for £25 all in...

£55 is outrageous.
Just buy a retro Ali frame for that instead and the headset cups can be pushed in by hand, simple!

£10 for a puncture, is prolly reasonable thinking about it
- £4 tube + labour/hassle factor of some unknown bike with seized bolted wheels etc.

..speaking of LBS... how long to face a fork disc mount? 4 min job tops....

4 weeks before they can even look to book me in. I hate most LBS. :evil:

Make your own headset press with a piece m12 thread bar ,two large washers and two nuts.
Should not cost more than a fiver.

£10 for a puncture, is prolly reasonable thinking about it
- £4 tube + labour/hassle factor of some unknown bike with seized bolted wheels etc.

That was £10 + parts!

One time when I was in there and someone came in, they recommended a new tyre at the same time "just in case". Just in case they weren't raking in enough cash??

For that kind of money, I was going to offer an ermgency bike repair service in London. £10 + tube if needed to fix a puncture in zone 1. Straight to your office. Extra charge to lock it where you flatted, I'll collect the key go to the bike, fix and deliver.

Any takers?

Back