How many different Types of bikes do you have ?

Mtb

Retro ti serotta
Retro Kona lava dome
Retro khs Montana True temper
Retro khs Montana ritchey Logic
Retro voodoo Bizango

Cx
Lugged Reynolds 853

Minivelo
Moulton

Me reckons need to trim!

Well, I seem to try to have every flavor of retro bike for every day of the week.

- Rigid fork + steel frame (Scott racing, 80's style Francesco Moser bike)
- Rigid fork + aluminium frame (Marin Rocky Ridge)
- Rigid fork + Titanium frame on 28" wheels (Centurion)
- Suspension fork + steel frame (Biketech)
- suspension fork + Titanium frame <- OH! Don't have that. Room for improvement here
- suspension fork + Aluminium frame (Klein Pinnacle + Klein Pulse)
- suspension fork + Titanal frame (Hercules)
- rigid Carbon frame <- another thing on my bucket list...

And then I have that soft spot for early rear suspension. I am trying to ride all those early inventions..
- Carbon full suser (GT LTS Thermoplast)
- Steel full suser (Specialized FSR with fsx carbon fork)
- Aluminium full sissi (Klein Mantra, Ibis Szasbo, GT RTS, Marin FRS...)

Trying all those fantastic bikes that I could not afford back in the day, that's the fun for me. And of course building bikes, swapping parts, even making new parts. I have come to realise that I really like manual metal work... :D

Zzxxyy":9dk8046w said:
Mtb

Retro ti serotta
Retro Kona lava dome
Retro khs Montana True temper
Retro khs Montana ritchey Logic
Retro voodoo Bizango

Cx
Lugged Reynolds 853

Minivelo
Moulton

Me reckons need to trim!

Any chance of a few pics of the Ti Serotta please ? :cool:

I currently have:

1 x Steel Orange Prestige fully rigid
1 x Steel Marin Palisades fully rigid
1 x Steel Kona Lava Dome fully rigid
1 x Steel Fat Chance Yo Eddy fully rigid

1 x Ti Merlin hardtail

1 x Aluminum Yeti ARC hardtail
1 x Aluminum Marin Rock Springs frame and fork full bounce

1 x Thermoplastic GT STS-1 full bounce

Re: Re:

M-Power":i7203c4t said:
Chapeau gents :cool: A ludite I truly am :|

Not at all, you just like what you like.
People's tastes also depend on if they've carried on riding or have taken a break. People who stopped riding then came back to it tend to prefer older bikes.
Someone like myself who's been riding constantly for 30 years, appreciates the old bikes for what they are, while having also moved tastes as technology has progressed. I've also been lucky that I have a decent disposable income and have been able to afford new bikes without thinking.
As you say though, all my modern expensive carbon will be old someday, but unlike now I can think of very few bikes that will stand the test of time like some of the retro classics. Can't see anyone in 2047 drooling over a 2017 stump jumper like we do an '87!

Re:

1x brompton
1x retro fixie conversion
1x full carbon road bike
1x 4" travel XC full sus
1x retro early 90s rigid steel mtb

Like to have one of each type. Having a collection of near identical bikes seems a bit extravagant. I've only just started down the retro path, so I could change my tune!

Re: Re:

clubby":2r6qtunp said:
M-Power":2r6qtunp said:
Chapeau gents :cool: A ludite I truly am :|

Not at all, you just like what you like.
People's tastes also depend on if they've carried on riding or have taken a break. People who stopped riding then came back to it tend to prefer older bikes.
Someone like myself who's been riding constantly for 30 years, appreciates the old bikes for what they are, while having also moved tastes as technology has progressed. I've also been lucky that I have a decent disposable income and have been able to afford new bikes without thinking.
As you say though, all my modern expensive carbon will be old someday, but unlike now I can think of very few bikes that will stand the test of time like some of the retro classics. Can't see anyone in 2047 drooling over a 2017 stump jumper like we do an '87!

Bang on. Gave the game up for 15yrs when i started ‘a walk spoiled’. When I came back bikes seemd so alien and over engineered and so HEAVY all of a sudden. I still get excited looking at Victorian bikes up close.

Fishymtb - That Serotta CHT looks amazing, love the dropouts. Bet that rides so smooth and it still looks contemporary even though its a 2000 frame. :cool:

Re: My rides

i have
91 Merlin ti
97 Merlin ti
93 Klein Adroit rain forest ,ORIGINAL PAINT
97 Fat chance ti
95 Fat chance yo eddy, NEVER BEEN RIDDEN
92 Fat chance 10th anniversary
93 Kona Hei Hei
92-93 Bontrager OR ,,,,,,,,,the wifes

Specialized fsr m4 sworks think 98 the first year they came out got it in the states

Re: My rides

viengsavanh":3fkyp85k said:
i have
91 Merlin ti
97 Merlin ti
93 Klein Adroit rain forest ,ORIGINAL PAINT
97 Fat chance ti
95 Fat chance yo eddy, NEVER BEEN RIDDEN
92 Fat chance 10th anniversary
93 Kona Hei Hei
92-93 Bontrager OR ,,,,,,,,,the wifes

Specialized fsr m4 sworks think 98 the first year they came out got it in the states

Awesome collection, but u really need to get some action on the never been ridden bike ;-)

M-power- thanks. it is a beautiful ride. I am considering tho to add cantilever mounts, get a nice rigid for it and then make it light!

Back