How long is too long (before asking for refund)?

Got the refund now, seller was UK based. Ordered something else instead which is ironically coming from the EU and the tracking shows its coming to the correct address and was shipped the day after I paid.

Carl

Good to hear mate!

I sold a chainset to a guy in France and he wanted it sending the safest/fastest way
and he opted for UPS as it could be tracked 24/7, when it left the UK, I tracked it and
it went to Ireland then on a plane to the USA!! I got a message from the buyer and he
asked me if I've seen where the package is going! :shock: Shocked was an under statement.

Emailed UPS and they told me they had made a mistake and my package actually landed at
a UPS sorting office in New Jersey...FFS I thought! They offered me two choices, either a
full refund of the package/contents or wait for it to be shipped out again but it won't be
for a month now or send it on to the customer! I told them to send it on as its a very rare
item, the guy in France got his chainset after just over three months!

Never used UPS again :roll:

Ian Raleigh":kp01mldk said:
I sold a chainset to a guy in France and he wanted it sending the safest/fastest way
and he opted for UPS as it could be tracked 24/7, when it left the UK, I tracked it and
it went to Ireland then on a plane to the USA!! I got a message from the buyer and he
asked me if I've seen where the package is going! :shock: Shocked was an under statement.

Emailed UPS and they told me they had made a mistake and my package actually landed at
a UPS sorting office in New Jersey...FFS I thought! They offered me two choices, either a
full refund of the package/contents or wait for it to be shipped out again but it won't be
for a month now or send it on to the customer! I told them to send it on as its a very rare
item, the guy in France got his chainset after just over three months!

Never used UPS again :roll:

Oh, I can do better. Bike shipped from Wisconsin to me in Burlington (1000km?). It went from the Lakefield WI UPS Store to the Chicago hub and back to WI six times. Finally called the Lakefield office and got a nice woman named Marge to intercept the box on it's next lap and make sure it was addressed/coded right. It then went to Chicago, Philadelphia, Hamilton, Toronto, back to Hamilton, then arrived on my doorstep (a month later after being shipped). The driver dropped of the box and insisted I sign so he could leave. Not so fast, grasshopper. The box looked like it had been dropped on Hanoi during the Tet Offensive. Ironically, the only thing that wasn't messed up on the box up was the shipping label.....with my correct address. Opened the box and the top tube (road bike) was creased and bent down at about a 15 deg. angle. There was a guy who used to be on MTBR that worked for UPS at their NJ facility. He had been trying to help me with the bike's Roadtrip to Hell. Said it was the worst screw-up he had seen.

Latest posts

Back