How important are......

DID HE :shock: :shock: :shock: Well i thought he was a good guy :LOL: :LOL:Now we are hearing a different side to young Gus. A darker side :LOL: :LOL:

I think it depends on your personality and everyday routine.

My job involves talking to people all day so I prefer to ride alone. It's also one of the reasons why I stopped racing...

Riding offroad alone in isolated places is dodgy though (never stopped me) but you always had at the back of your mind, "what if I come a cropper?" And you keep something back.... (Yes I used to be a boy scout... and everything that applies to hiking with regard to safety also applies to MTBing).

MTB'ing is a difficult one in a group ride as the differences in technical ability and fitness tend to really drag a bunch out which can de-moralise the back markers and infuriate the front runners. I've been at both ends throughout my riding life, and I prefer riding on my own really... Unless I'm riding with really good buddies, in which case I love laughing at their crashes, and hearing them laugh at mine :)

I'm really looking forward to Xmas as one of my best buddies will be around and we'll hopefully fit in a ride, he'll kick my arse this year but I'll enjoy it just 'cos its 'quality time' :)

yeah I'm definately a bit sith.

and just like Anakin, i don't remember laughing at you all and your misfortune. Blocked it out like the light sabre massacre of the halflings huh?

And I'm on the Jedi council...ha ha.

:shock: :twisted: :LOL:

I prefer road bike rides alone ... just the road, a tune on my ipod and bloody squirrells to swerve around.

however ...

I prefer off-road rides in groups, if you fall and hurt yourself deep in the woods some one is around to pick you up. But, I have done some proper solo epics in the past, 50 miles off-road with only a water bottle, a banana, no phone and 50p in my pocket.

Back