How Far Do You Go?

I commute 28 miles to work - but I drive an SUV! Whilst listening to Radio 1 and drinking Diet Coke on way to work is okay I wish I could ride! I envy all the cyclists I see!

I usually compensate by taking the bike in the boot and going for a ride at lunchtime or after work!

From experience I'd say 45 mins is the max distance you want to ride, and yes you do feel sleepy at first and you do eat for England! (or respective nation :oops: )

I work nights so unfortunatly cycling to work is out of the question 9pm to 5am plus being a trucky i need to carry a bag with all my gear in, ie laptop, dvds, supper, hi-viz jacket, gloves etc etc. I cant leave anything at work as the thieving magpies i work with would just nick everything.

Used to bike it in my previous job though as i had my own truck so could lock all my gear in it.

My commute is 14-15 miles into London. Showers, lockers and food at work so no hassles there. I just hate the last mile or so when the traffic gets busy - it put me off when a lady got squashed right outside the office, and I must get back into it ...

On a road bike, though. Tempted by SS but a bit daunted by Crystal Palace to be honest!

mines a 30/40 mile round trip 3/4 times a wk i,ve currently done 13 months not driving my car.
thwang

Latest posts

Back