How do you secure your saddles?

Dead Rats":2i79ts22 said:
mongo":2i79ts22 said:
How big an issue is bike theft in London?

huge I'd say!

I concur bike theft in London is a joke even with a good lock its a matter of time.. My wife had here bike stolen from a secure NHS staff only bike shed and she had the topend Abus D lock fitting through the frame and then around a metal pole, I also know a courier and bike theft is a constant worry for him and only last week he had a bike stolen whilst on a job again he had a high end thatcham approved Rotor lock...

Poobay is where 90% of the bikes and bits are going to end up as its so easy for the thieving scum to make a quick buck, no more flogging a stolen bike in a pub :roll:

Craigslist is more common! Or brick lane market.

Regarding securing bits - you can pay for those security skewers or alternatively you can superglue a ball bearing into the allen key head, preventing anyone undoing it. If/when you need to adjust, dissolve superglue in acetone, which is easy at home but hard when the bike is locked up outside and upright!

The reality is that any bike left on the streets in london is at risk to some extent, no matter the security measures you take. Easiest is to not be too attached to the bike that you ride around on a daily basis.

Well I took a punt on eBay and picked up a combo of a very old but not very used Brooks B17, Campag aero seatpost and an early looking Campag single shifter for a complete steal.

The saddle looks hardly used but it's battered from being in storage, so hopefully it won't attract too much attention!

Latest posts

Back