HOPE XC SPIDERS

Chris,

please can you remove my picture of the Hope spline pattern from your flickr photostream that you have linked to in this thread.

I don't mind you borrowing it, or linking to my original, and as a gesture to show that I've included a link to my image in this thread below so that people can see what you're after.

Asking first would only have been polite especially as it is marked © and All Rights Reserved, and I would have said yes. Copying it into your photostream and assigning your own copyright notice is theft. Please remove it completely this time, and don't just repost it so that the URL changes (yes, I did spot the edit in your original post), and in future just ask first.

Anyway, a hunt round the shed yesterday revealed that I may have a spare 15 spline spider (no disc, disc bolts or lockring). You want to make me an offer?

I have a 5 arm spider sitting idle on my bike BUT I don't think it has that many splines. Did they make one with less? (looks like some sort of slot on arrangement like a cassette)

Will double check when I get home from work though.

jimmy5willy":gikzzyj0 said:
Did they make one with less? (looks like some sort of slot on arrangement like a cassette)

Will double check when I get home from work though.

No need to wait 'til you get home:

Six splines (this is from a Bulb, circa 1998, with 20mm thru-axle):

Five splines (I think this is from an earlier Bulb front hub, circa 1997, it's certainly not an XC) :

You can use a 15 spline spider on a 5 spline hub, but not the other way round.

The 15 spline pattern was the first spline pattern developed to replace the previous screw on design. Here it is on a '94 XC rear hub:

And here's the spider for it:

that's exactly what I'm looking for... maybe I have to buy the whole lot :shock:

seems Konamad was banned from this site ..what's the background there, is he a good seller or... ?

Back